turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jeweland6

Was my injured spouse claim received, how do I check?

I can't reach anyone by phone and neither the website or tax transcript say anything about an injured spouse claim. Its been 13 weeks since it was mailed (February 18th, 2016). This is so frustrating and I hate to think I've been waiting and they don't even have it. I'm afraid to send another one as I don't want to cause any confusion that could delay even longer.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Did you get a USPS tracking number when you mailed it?

You can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040; don’t select Option 1 for refund that will just take you to an automated response, instead: it should get you to a live person

- Choose Option 2 (Personal income tax)

- Then press 1 (Form, tax history, or payment)

- Press 4 (For all other questions)

- Press 2 (For all other questions)

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  After is asks twice, you will get another menu

- Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions, it should then connect you to a live person

mamba151

- Choose Option 2 (Personal income tax)

- Then press 1 (Form, tax history, or payment)

- Press 3 (For all other questions)     <------- this option didn't have a 4 to select as of June 14th, so it kicked me back to the previous question. Option 3 was the highest option to select

- Press 2 (For all other questions)

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything. After is asks twice, you will get another menu

- Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions, it should then connect you to a live person

Also got a "Due to high call volume regarding questions concerning this option, we cannot answer your call at this time. Please call back again later during normal business hours." or words to that degree. This is at 4 pm EST.

cdawna08

Have been trying for 2 weeks now. And have been getting this same response every single time. Hate it so much! They're sure quick to take their money but when they owe you, its a wait game. Frustrating.

Alexj122

If you call right at 7am you will get someone. I got this tip from my accountant and it worked!

Also- I filed my injured spouse form a few months back and the representative was very nice and confirmed it’s currently under review - she also submitted a referral (an inquiry) which they guarantee will result in an answer in 30 days.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies