turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Would I be charged the full $835 from what I owe federal? I inputted information about the routing number and a specific date but I also got approved for a payment plan ?

Would the irs charge me the full payment or would the payment plan still be valid(got approved from the IRS but my taxes filed still has to be approved)
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Would I be charged the full $835 from what I owe federal? I inputted information about the routing number and a specific date but I also got approved for a payment plan ?

I you do nothing, the $835 will be automatically drafted from your bank account on the date you specified. If changes are needed, the only option is to cancel the payment and choose another payment method. Call IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about or cancel your payment, but please wait 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted by the IRS before calling.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I've read that the IRS is gonna start accepting returns on the 12 of Febuary and somewhere on TurboTax I read that it usually takes 24 to 48 hours and my specific date for payment is on the 15, Would it take longer for the IRS to accept my return?

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

There should not be any delays in receiving notification of acceptance of returns.  Returns are accepted/rejected by computer systems and occurs as a matter of process routinely within 24-48 hrs.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies