turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will my stimulus money come directly to my account or go thru the turbo tax account?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

Will my stimulus money come directly to my account or go thru the turbo tax account?

No, the fees being withheld from your refund will have no bearing on the direct deposit account for the stimulus check. Your refund will be deposited in the same bank account that was used for your direct deposit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

It depends on what bank account is on record with the IRS. There will be a resource soon from the IRS to report direct deposit account details. 

If you are referring to the GreenDot Visa Debit Card program, please check these references for further updates as the situation continues to unfold:

1. TurboTax COVID-19 Site 
  2. How are my taxes affected by COVID-19? 
  3. What do I need to know about the coronavirus stimulus package?
  4. IRS: Coronavirus Tax Relief

@pghremodeler

My federal refund actually came to my account from a Turbo Tax Products account because my filing fees were paid from my refund and then the balance was forwarded to my bank account.  I  just wondered if that would affect the stimulus payment.

KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

No, the fees being withheld from your refund will have no bearing on the direct deposit account for the stimulus check. Your refund will be deposited in the same bank account that was used for your direct deposit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies