turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will I still receive a stimulus check if my taxes were rejected

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

No, you need to fix your rejected return and resend it so that the IRS will have your information to send your stimulus payment. However, if you filed a 2018 return the IRS can use that information to determine eligibility for the stimulus payment. Please view this TurboTax FAQ and follow the directions to fix your rejected return. 

If your return was rejected because you are not required to file then you should register for the stimulus payment instead.  Please view this IRS link to register. You may also use the Get Your Payment application, available mid-April, to check the status of your stimulus payment and update your direct deposit information if necessary.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
FSMOORE

My 2019 taxes were rejected. I received a phone call from you. And also a letter from the IRS. So i sent the IRS  all of my information. Including my w2s. They have not processed my return yet. Does that affect my 600 dollar stimulus check?

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Most likely. The second stimulus deposits into the location of your 2019 refund. The IRS is depositing and mailing through January 15.

If for some reason you do not receive your stimulus, you can have it added to your refund. The IRS does not begin accepting returns until January 25 so all stimulus should have been received by then.

Please wait until you are certain there is no second payment, then you can follow these steps, if necessary.

After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, stimulus will be the first question.

If you are trying to trigger it: 

1. go to Other Situations
  2. click Done. 
  3. The next question will ask about payments received.

The program will determine the missing amount and add it to your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies