Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chapo06

Why won't it let me sign and file

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

If you are having an issue with e-filing and the Transmit Returns Now button is not working, you can use the link provided below for some troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue:

What if Transmit Returns doesn't work

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You need to describe your problem in more detail in regards to what/where the roadblock is.  "Won't let me" is too vague.

Also, are you sure all your forms you need are available?  Some IRS and state forms are not yet ready for efiling.    It's still awfully early to be filing.  The IRS doesn't open up to begin processing returns until February 12 because of all the recent changes in tax laws.  Your return will just sit on TurboTax servers until the IRS starts pulling returns to process on February 12 (except for a small number of returns pulled early for testing purposes.)    If you discover you need to make any changes, you can't get the return back to correct it.  You'd have to wait until February 12 or soon after and see if the IRS accepted or rejected it before knowing how to correct things.

Go through the REVIEW tab.  It may tell you why you can't file yet, such as any forms not yet available, etc.

Also if you have forms that are not yet available, check these for availability dates:

TurboTax IRS Federal Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

State Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies