turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kod98

Why is my 2018 tax return report 98 pages long

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

2018 has all the worksheets and detail  pages.  Do you want that for 2019?

an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center, where you can also get the worksheets.

Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section Your Tax Returns & Documents for 2019, look for a link Add a State.  Click on Add a State.  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)

After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.

Then choose Print, save, view this year's return.

The next screen should offer some options:  Just my tax returns or include government worksheets (optional), or include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)

See if one of those PDFs has what you need.

For "Online" software users: 

After the end of the tax filing season, TTX will save a final copy of your tax return as a PDF file, with every possible worksheet and form used to prepare your taxes.  Since the 2018 filing season ended in mid-October of 2019, that final copy that TTX saved was prepared sometime in Nov of 2019.   Thus The sheets that are the filing-only pages are no longer available for 2018 or earlier years...but the file still contains those sheets...plus the extra ones you don't file, so that you can see the all of the gory details of what your entries included for that tax year.

Every year, you should be saving a "Filing-Only" copy of your tax return, to your own home computer , before October, so that you have a PDF set of exactly what was filed. ......Then, sometime in late Oct-Nov of 2020, your 2019 tax file will also be auto-saved the same way...i.e. with everything.

@VolvoGirl  has also provided instructions in how to get the large "everything" PDF file now for 2019 thru the Print Center...if that is what you want.   But get the smaller file too now since saving it that way will be gone by December (Unless TTX changes their file saving procedures for past years) 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

turbotax gives you 96 pages or more of worksheets to make  you think you are getting your money's worth.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies