turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why Difft Tax Due - over 65 married filing jointly with 89313 taxable income TT says tax is $11,369 using IRS Tax Table my calculation reflect $11,366. Why?

all w2 and 1099 income no dividend
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JohnW222
Expert Alumni

Why Difft Tax Due - over 65 married filing jointly with 89313 taxable income TT says tax is $11,369 using IRS Tax Table my calculation reflect $11,366. Why?

I've consulted the 2019 Tax Table, and the tax for the Married Filing Jointly status on income of $89,313 is, in fact, $11,369 (see page 13 of the IRS' TAX AND EARNED INCOME CREDIT TABLES). 

You may have been using the computation shown in the Tax Computation Worksheet on page 15, but this should only be used when income for the Married Filing Jointly status is at least $100,000.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, thank you for your update. I used the second alternate in my personal calculations early in 2019 which did not have the $100,000 requirement  at that time the table you referenced was not available. Must say you would think both solutions would create the same results but as we all know when dealing with IRS (oh well want go there) 

Thank you again. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies