Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why didn’t I receive free state and federal filing if your promotion said it was free?

I filed 2/18/21, the promotion ended days after I filed not before or during. What happened?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Why didn’t I receive free state and federal filing if your promotion said it was free?

You are posting from online Live Deluxe.   That version provides live help from a CPA and has never been offered for free.   Did you not know that was the version you used?

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

No. I didn’t select it in the beginning but I guess it happened because I own a house. Seems like false advertising. It said free federal and state. 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You can file a simple return and claim the standard deduction if you choose not to claim your real estate tax and mortgage interest. However, the only form available this year is Form 1040. The 1040A and 1040EZ are no longer used. There are also six new schedules that may need to be filed depending on your income and deductions. You can use TurboTax Free edition to file if you are not entering your home expenses. However, if you choose to claim these expense you will be required to use TurboTax Deluxe.

When you tell TurboTax about yourself, It will recommend the right tax solution and guide you every step of the way.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies