turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why can I not contact anyone in Turbotax and why did they give me a phony tel

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Phone support is not provided with the Free Edition.  If you are using a paid version of the software or if you purchased PLUS you can get phone support when customer support is there.  Otherwise, post your question here and someone will try to help.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time  Monday-Friday

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

or

https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thanks for your response. I did upgrade my account to Turbo Tax Premier, which I was compelled to do this year by Turbotax, which I didn't have to do last year as I am an old retired man on SS with limited income from a room I rent on Airbnb. I am not seeking advice, I am looking to contact someone who can fix an apparent glitch in the Turbotax software which will not let me e-file the return.  Turbotax claims there is a problem with the federal return that the yes question on the Schedule E should be left blank if 1099s were not required to be filed by me. The box next to yes is indeed blank and on the worksheet as well. Further, when I entered the info for the property in the rental properties info section I answered no as to whether the owner was required to send 1099s. There is nothing I can do, or did wrong- the people at Turbotax have to fix this glitch on my return to let it go through. I finally spoke with a TurboTax representative who told me I have to spend another $100 to speak with a tax advisor. For what? I do not need tax advice, I need someone to fix the software to allow the schedule E to pass- not tax advice. I e-filed the exact information with different numbers last year with Turbotax last year- nothing has changed except the numbers. The only reason I use Turbotax is to e-file, otherwise, I would mail my own hard copy return. I don't really even need to report the rental income as my SS benefits are so low and the rental brings me in less than $1000, but I do it to ne honest

Click on the REVIEW tab to see what form(s) you are waiting for and when it is estimated to be ready (when operational ….and dates are subject to change) ... 

IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

·         

State Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

There is no reason to rush and e-file now.  The IRS is not accepting 2020 returns until February 12, 2021.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I know, but when I go to push the button on February 12 the problem will still be there and I will not be able to e-file

Someone more familiar with Schedule E may need to help.   @Carl   ?   @tagteam   @Critter 

They ask to correct something that is correct. The block "YES" is not checked, and it is not checked on the worksheet that I had to file 1099s. I need a computer tech at Turbotax support to fix the problem, it is not a tax decision. 

@steinberg74 

What you are seeing can happen if you first check the box indicating that you paid for work that required a 1099 to be filed, then indicated that you did not issue any 1099s, and then went back and indicated that you did, in fact issue 1099s.

Upon review in the program, you should see a box (under Check This Entry) that is checked stating that 1099s were filed. If you uncheck that box, you should be able to go through the Rentals (Schedule E) section again and answer the 1099 question appropriately.

Thanks for your response. That was the first thing I did (and it wasn't checked) but I checked it and unchecked it.  Then in the worksheet under it you see this: 

Complete For All Properties:
Did you make any payments that would require you to file Form(s) 1099?
Yes
No X
If yes, did you or will you file all required Form(s) 1099?
Yes
No X
And "No" is checked, and there is nothing you can do to change it. It is a software problem and I just can't contact anyone to fix it

@steinberg74 wrote:
Yes
No X
And "No" is checked, and there is nothing you can do to change it. It is a software problem and I just can't contact anyone to fix it

Yes, that is the problem; "No" should not be checked if you already answered "No" to the question as to whether you made payments that required a 1099 be filed.

At this point, I have no idea how you should proceed because I gleaned from your profile that you are using an online version of TurboTax and online versions do not support Forms Mode. If you were using a desktop (installed) version of TurboTax, you could simply enter Forms Mode and uncheck the box on the worksheet.

As a result, I can only recommend that you make another attempt to contact Support. Beyond that, the only recourse might be to clear your return, transfer your prior year return (again), and essentially start over (I realize this is an extreme measure so contact Support first).

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT
Yes
No X
And "No" is checked, and there is nothing you can do to change it. It is a software problem and I just can't contact anyone to fix it.
Correct, the only way to Uncheck the No box is to check the Yes box- it cannot just be unchecked........and that is the problem. It is a software problem and I cannot get anyone's ear in support, all they want to do is upgrade my plan so I can talk to an accountant. I need tech support, not an accountant.
Thanks!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies