llmerritt1

Where are my tax forms in turbo tax 2020?

how do I view my 2020 1040 form
KrisD15

Click   Tax Home

Click   Review   if necessary to get Tax Tools on the left side-bar

Click   Tax Tools   on the left side-bar (you may need to use the scroll bar for the left side-bar to see this)

Click   Tools   on the drop-down list

Click    View Tax Summary   on the Tools Center screen

When you do this,   Preview my 1040   appears on the left side-bar            

Click   Preview my 1040   on the left side-bar

vdietrich

I completed 95% of my taxes in January and paid the IRS an estimated tax for the year because I am a contracted employee. I need to make a few quick changes and can't find my TT 2020 forms anywhere. Initially this morning I saw an option to continue to my 2020 taxes, clicked it, and it took me back to the beginning as if I never did my 2020 taxes. Where are my completed forms?

@vdietrich wrote:

You have to sign onto your 2020 online account using the exact same User ID you used to create the online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the User ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your 2020 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

To access your prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

vdietrich

I copied the recovery link and did not get a list of IDs, only one that pops up automatically. I clicked 'try something else' but it took me to the home page at intuit and at the bottom asked if I wanted to see my previous returns. I clicked and for the 20th time today, it noted that it couldn't find my 2019 turbo tax return but could find the five before that. 

I believe you are correct that I used something else to sign in. I had problems finding my account on april 15, 2020 and got a call from turbo tax and the person helped me find it but I might have had to create an new user id but now I can't even get customer service because the chat says i have to first buy a turbo tax product and start a return before they will give me access to chat or contact a real person. I keep going in circles. I've signed out of all of the tabs. Nothing works. Any other ideas?

Robert Biehl

Hello, I have received my Federal but not my state , what do i need to do next?

@Robert Biehl wrote:

Did you e-file your state tax return and was it accepted?

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.

If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

scottlkhusky1

1need to seemy2020total income.

@scottlkhusky1 

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

PadrePio

Can't find my 2020 tax forms

@PadrePio wrote:

Can't find my 2020 tax forms

Or -

joy50

I am looking for my 2020 that I started but have not completed

@joy50 wrote:

To access your current year online tax return sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/