turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kmuzz

How many returns can I complete from one subscription? Can we also file my daughters return under this the same subscription as mine?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How many returns can I complete from one subscription? Can we also file my daughters return under this the same subscription as mine?

When you use Turbotax Online version, you can prepare only one return per account/payment. This Turbotax help topic tells you how to start another return:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894512-how-do-i-start-a-second-return-in-turbotax-online

That is a fundamental difference between the Turbotax Online version, which you access through a web browser, and the CD/Desktop version which installs and runs on your home computer.
With the CD/Desktop version, you can prepare as many returns as you wish just for the price of the box.

While your answer is correct, I can't help but wonder why no one from Turbo Tax sees this as a major issue. If I buy the software online, it should come with the same options and features as the if I go to the store and buy the CD, not to mention that this day and age we should be encouraging anything that helps protect the environment, such as buying a CD that will never actually be used by 95% of the customers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies