turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When I’m trying to login to my Fidelity to import over from my brokerage account information. They’re saying my username is invalid, however I imputed the same username & password

That’s on my Fidelity account.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When I’m trying to login to my Fidelity to import over from my brokerage account information. They’re saying my username is invalid, however I imputed the same username & password

Several users whose Fidelity usernames are less than 9 characters are reporting this issue. I've asked a Moderator to look at it later this morning.

Anonymous
Not applicable

it could be purely a TT problem but you could also call Fidelity to see if the problem is at their end. 

GabiU
Level 15

It was reported on another thread that your social security number may be the correct "log in". 
Before you try it, do you mind posting a screenshot here so I can submit it as a possible typo? 
Thank you! Please let us know. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
anntcy

Fidelity isn't looking for your password.  It's looking for your Document ID # to import.  It caught me with a few attempts too, but then I realized it was asking for the UserID and Document ID #.  

Essentially, that means you need to log into Fidelity to review the tax document to get the document number, or if you get the paper version of your tax document, it's on there.

Be careful trying to use the Fidelity link to TurboTax though.  I tried it to get the discount and TurboTax auto-upgraded me to Premier, which I don't need.  I was so careful throughout not to trigger Premier, but the Fidelity Link seemed to do it.  You cannot downgrade without starting over entirely!!

WKins2
Expert Alumni

If you are still having issues with getting Fidelity to link with TurboTax please post here so someone can trouble shoot with you. If you got it to work, great! If you have any other issues, concerns, or questions please remember to start a new thread. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MeganMcGrath
Returning Member

I'm also having this issue and none of the remedies above seem to work. I've tried using my SSN as the username and my username is over 9 digits. I can easily log into Fidelity with my credentials, but TurboTax is saying they are wrong and there is no work around

@MeganMcGrath wrote:

I'm also having this issue and none of the remedies above seem to work. I've tried using my SSN as the username and my username is over 9 digits. I can easily log into Fidelity with my credentials, but TurboTax is saying they are wrong and there is no work around

Are there any special characters in your password?   I don't know if it would help any or not, but if there are, you might consider changing your Fidelity password to remove any special character, then try the import with the new password.   You can later change your Fidelity password back like it was.

Otherwise, if that doesn't help, it's a tossup to know whom to call first--TurboTax Support or Fidelity.

TurboTax Support hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies