turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When can I start my 2020 tax return?

What web site would allow me to start my 2020 tax returns today?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

TurboTax software for 2020 returns will become available in late November/early December.  We do not know what "other" tax sites will do.  What's the hurry?  The IRS will not begin to accept 2020 returns until late January 2021.  Employers have until the end of January to issue W-2's.  1099's and 1098's will not be available until late January/early February.  You need ALL of your income and all of your tax documents to enter on your 2020 tax return so you do not file an incomplete incorrect return and then spend months waiting for the IRS to process an amended return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

There are NO programs set up yet for the 2020 tax year ... not even professional programs. 

Although the downloaded program becomes available every year sometime mid to late November with the online following sometime  in December  they are NOT fully operational programs ... they are only beta versions.  The final program and the state programs are never fully operational until late January at the earliest.  

dynonsf

I received my 2020 TurboTax cd. My pc does not have a cd drive so I have to go installturbotax.com to download the software with the supplied license code. Can I do that now or wait?

Now is good ... but be aware that the program is far from fully operational and will not be until after many many updates that will go into January or February for some parts of the system. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies