Pete25

When can I enter projected 1099-R figures to estimate my tax liability and to judge whether I need additional Fed tax withhold? Why does this portion not open yet?

When I try to enter figures in this section, the program told me "it is not ready".   If this is the case, it defeat my purpose.   Can Intuit speed up this part of program?
macuser_22

The only way to currently get an estimate is if you are using the CD/download desktop version and enter the data directly into the 1099-R form in the forms mode (not available online).    The reason for the hold up it the IRS has not made all the 1099-R related forms available yet (still in the draft mode).    It could be several months before they are released.

fanfare

use the 2019 CD/download version to peruse your 2020 income.
It will be close enough.

The ability to do more than one tax return is the reason to use CD/Download, not Online.