turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What does this mean? "Payment Status Not Available According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time."

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies

What does this mean? "Payment Status Not Available According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time."

Did you file your 2019 taxes recently? What I think is happening is that if you get that message its probably because you filed your 2019 Tax Returns recently and the IRS has accepted or received it, but they haven't processed it yet. I used the TurboTax "free Stimulus Registration for non-tax filers" which I thought meant I wasn't filing a tax return, but just giving my direct deposit and info to the IRS and it turns out that it did automatically file a 2019 Tax Return. When I check the status of my Tax Return/Refund on the IRS site it tells me that mines was received or accepted by the IRS, but they haven't processed it yet and when I check my Stimulus Payment Status I get the error message you see saying "Payment Status Not Available According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time."

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

The IRS Portal is new, not everyone's data may be uploaded yet.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you!

That explains it then.  I can not even check the status of my refund even though I filed through turbotax and IRS accepted my return.   I'll keep checking my status and keep this thread updated then.

davlukabb
Returning Member

I'm getting the same message. Have not yet filed 2019, but we filed 2018 Married Filing Jointly, and the IRS does not have our direct deposit info since we owed taxes.  Not sure what to do except wait, but it does sound like many people are getting this message for one reason or another.

@davlukabb wrote:

I'm getting the same message. Have not yet filed 2019, but we filed 2018 Married Filing Jointly, and the IRS does not have our direct deposit info since we owed taxes.  Not sure what to do except wait, but it does sound like many people are getting this message for one reason or another.

IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

In certain cases, the Get My Payment app will be unable to tell you the status of your payment.  You may receive this message for one of the following reasons:

• If you are not eligible for a payment (see IRS.gov on who is eligible and who is not eligible)
  • If you are required to file a tax return and have not filed in tax year 2018 or 2019.
  • If you recently filed your return or provided information through Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info on IRS.gov. Your payment status will be updated when processing is completed.
  • If you are a SSA or RRB Form 1099 recipient, SSI or VA benefit recipient – the IRS is working with your agency to issue your payment; your information is not available in this app yet.

You can check the app again to see whether there has been an update to your information.  Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there’s no need to check back more frequently.

Well, after watching the news.  This issue is wide spread right now.  Apparently, the site will actually lock you out if you check your status to many times.  We'll see what the IRS website does tomorrow I guess.

Yes, I’m in the same boat. The message received from the IRS get my payment portal is so generic that it’s impossible to figure out the proper course of action one should take to remedy the situation. I also filed through TurboTax and uploaded my bank info.

I did the same thing. You said you did both? Well I think I took it a step further and signed up on stimulus registration site and filed my taxes as well... Then on top of that, after entering my bank info, I realized that right in the middle of it all,  my debit card, the numbers I entered, were to a card that was not actually activated yet. So I activated it again and truthfully it could have been right when they were doing all of the direct deposits...So I am very frustrated to say the least but... twice now when I have checked it and that same message you received came up. 🤔

Ugh...hang in there.  Bureaucracy at its worst!

so far nothing new has changed...

I get the same message as though my information is not even there

many around me did receive a direct deposit though

We have the same problem. We are eligible but it is not determined. We filed 2018 last year and I hadn't filed 2019 until yesterday. Both years we owed. I'm hoping with filing yesterday 2019 that it will kick it into motion. I wish there was better access to these answers on this issue. The form answers in why we are getting this "not determined" isn't helping, because we are for sure eligible and I don't want to miss out on this help. :( I'm seeing everyone get their stimulus checks (including our adult kids) except for us.  Ugh! We are struggling with this pandemic. 

Dbaros1

I know. Im in the same boat whats really aggravating is dead people are getting thete check but not us.

BobG9638
Returning Member

I filed an extension in early march, then filed my full return March 29th, seeing accepted, but the IRS has not yet processed my return due to the earlier extension (as I saw in my IRS account transcript section), and I am getting the "Payment status not available" on the IRS stimulus get my payment portal, I need to put my direct deposit info in (I have not gotten a refund in almost 10 years).

1, when will the IRS process my return it if I had an earlier extension, and then filed a few weeks later (how long will the extension delay them processing my return)

2, is there a way to cancel the extension so the IRS will process my return

3, is Turbotax working on a way to get our basic information (taxable income, direct deposit info, etc) to the IRS in cases like mine (no recent direct deposit info on file, extension filed, then full return filed)

I created an account on the IRS website.  Tried to submit for the stimulus check.  It came back telling me that an efile already existed for me.  I was worried if the IRS had my information but that tells me they do.  Im assuming the IRS just has not updated or input my return yet.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies