turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mairoula

What date was my tax return accepted?

Hi!

The state of California can't find some of the forms that were submitted with my tax return (specifically, form 568).

They asked me to file again and to also include proof that CA received the 568 on time to avoid late filing penalties.

I have the windows version and can see my 2019 CA return was accepted, however:

-- It does not say that specifically the 568 form was also accepted.

-- It does not state the DATE that it was accepted.

How can I find what forms were accepted and also on what date specifically did CA accept my return?

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

Your return's electronic filing status history records all e-filing activity related to the return, including the Electronic Postmark. You can print it out if needed. 

TurboTax Online

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp  -- enter the Social Security number of the first taxpayer on the return and the ZIP code to retrieve your filing status history.

TurboTax CD/Download software

(Windows) From the TurboTax File menu, select Electronic Filing > Show Electronic Filing Status History.
(Mac) From the TurboTax File menu, select Check E-Filing Status.

mairoula

I must have deleted those emails because I cannot find them but do remember getting them. Is there another way to see the date my returns were accepted? Because Turbotax's e-file status just states they were accepted but does not give out the date.

mairoula

When I click the link it asks me to sign in, then can't find anything because I submitted my return through the windows app, not online.

Your return's electronic filing status history records all e-filing activity related to the return, including the Electronic Postmark. You can print it out if needed. 

TurboTax Online

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp  -- enter the Social Security number of the first taxpayer on the return and the ZIP code to retrieve your filing status history.

TurboTax CD/Download software

(Windows) From the TurboTax File menu, select Electronic Filing > Show Electronic Filing Status History.
(Mac) From the TurboTax File menu, select Check E-Filing Status.

@mairoula wrote:

When I click the link it asks me to sign in, then can't find anything because I submitted my return through the windows app, not online.

Start your 2019 TurboTax desktop program for Windows.  Continue the 2019 tax return.

Click on Forms in the upper right of the desktop program screen.

When in Forms mode scroll down to your state tax return section.  There should be a State Postmark Report listed which, when opened, will have the date/time the state tax return was e-filed and the date the state accepted the tax return.

mairoula

Thank you for the instructions! I went to Forms and did see the "Postmark Report" for my federal taxes but there's no postmark report for my CA taxes, despite having e-filed and seeing return accepted in Turbotax. Is this normal?

The only thing that I could see that is relevant is form 8453-OL "California Online Return Authorization for Individuals" that shows the date accepted. So I'm assuming this is the equivalent of the Postmark Report for California?

@mairoula wrote:

Thank you for the instructions! I went to Forms and did see the "Postmark Report" for my federal taxes but there's no postmark report for my CA taxes, despite having e-filed and seeing return accepted in Turbotax. Is this normal?

The only thing that I could see that is relevant is form 8453-OL "California Online Return Authorization for Individuals" that shows the date accepted. So I'm assuming this is the equivalent of the Postmark Report for California?

The form 8453-OL would be the equivalent of the postmark report for California.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies