turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Well I did my taxes using this app which I thought was free. It cost me $80 for some reason. Plus I dont think I did my taxes right. Is there anyway I can cancel this. Or is it to late once you file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Well I did my taxes using this app which I thought was free. It cost me $80 for some reason. Plus I dont think I did my taxes right. Is there anyway I can cancel this. Or is it to late once you file?

You should complain to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  I presume that Intuit confiscated this $80 from your refund?

WKins2
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately once you file your return there isn't a way to cancel it. Think of it as mailing your tax return off in the mail, once the mailman has it there isn't a way to retrieve it back. If you feel your return is incorrect, please log back into the app, and go through your return again, section by section, line by line.

If you agree with everything and find no errors, than you can rest assured that you prepared your return correctly and what was filed has the correct information on it. If you do find an error, please do not worry you are able to amend your return and correct the errors or add missing information to the return.

Amended returns will be ready sometime in the middle of February. You can keep checking with TurboTax to see. When it is ready, TurboTax will walk you through everything you need to do to amend you return, print it out and mail it in. The IRS does not accepted e-filed amended returns. 

A few reminders:

1. You should only amend your return after your original return has been processed and your refund or payment has been processed and sent to you.

2. If you owe additional taxes when you amend your return you should mail the payment in with the amended return.

3. If you amend your federal return you might need to amend your state return as well. Do not worry, TurboTax can help you do both.

4. If you are due a refund once your amended returns have been accepted and processed you will be sent your refund.

5. It can take up to 12 weeks or longer for the amended returns to be received, processed and approved. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies