turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Updates

Between this change, the clusterF that is the 2019 licensing and codes not working/requiring reentry/using multiple instances of the 5 permitted uses of the license key (really?  wth), I'm ready to uninstall, return to Amazon, and switch to a different product.  I've been with TT for many, many years, but this has hit ridiculous new heights.  

Updates

Add me to the list of people who think this is a very bad idea.  I've been using TT for many years.  The release noes are very valuable.  Please provide them to us.  

Updates

It really is hard to believe Intuit is this stupid!  And I am not exaggerating.  I mean STUPID!!

I've been using TurboTax since 1985, when I got my first PC.  Over the years I have filed many kinds of tax returns (1040, 1041 Scorp, 1041 Trust) and Intuit has helped me at every step and improved greatly.  The wizard (Q & A format), data import, and tax professionals answering questions the same day (for a reasonable fee) are only a few of the improvements.  Now you are going BACKWARDS?!!??

RSNY

Updates

This problem has been continuing for weeks, unaddressed by Turbo Tax.  As a user for many years, it is embarrassing to see such a failure and lack of remediation.  Makes me wonder what else is wrong with the product.

Updates

A description of what specifically has been updated must be furnished to your users, and this link must point to accurate information.

evans4811

Updates

That is just awful, or maybe it's being awfully lazy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updates

Agreed that this is ridiculous. I bet you a PM brought up that they got some emails from users who were confused about the release notes, creating more load on support, so they decided to remove release notes. But instead of at least doing that well and removing the link, they forgot to remove the link. And now, to put the icing on the cake, they claim it's a feature instead of a bug. 

It's been an ongoing trend with all Intuit programs that testing is virtually absent. Every release features tons of bugs and flaws in functionality that don't get resolved for months or ever. At this point Mint (also owned by Intuit) displays different balances and transactions between the app and web UIs, and customer service doesn't even respond anymore (you get what you pay for, i.e. just ads for Mint). Back to TurboTax, I've tried the "Live" service in the past and about half of the "Enrolled Agents" were unwilling or unable to to even try to answer my question after I told them I prefer NOT to share my information with them. Smells like a scam or at least a lack of appropriate screening to me...it's one thing for Amazon to use untrained workers to deliver packages (also causing lots of problems), but this is another level.

All in all I'm at the point where I cannot trust any Intuit product anymore. If they get easy things like links wrong, who knows what they do with the important stuff. I used to feel better about having audit protection, but having experienced all this I bet that's a scam, too. They're clearly steering from a professional product towards the cheapest shiniest thing that can skim off as much money as possible from those who don't know better.

Updates

Let Turbotax report the number of hits for people clicking on more information for updates. If many, continue the service; if not, discontinue it. 

Updates

Add  me to the list of people for whom TT 2019 Deluxe isn't working.  Downloaded the updates this evening -- and now TT isn't working at all. 

When I first open up an existing return file - it directs me to an obsolete AMT form (it claimed it replaced an obsolete form). But if I click the link for resolution, it directs me to an empty Intuit page. I also tried to open a new return. TT just spins and eventually crashes.

I tried deleting my installation of TT (I ultimately had to force-ably remove it) - and downloaded a fresh copy from the download site. After the install - and update - same problem.

This is nonsense . C'mon folks, get your act together....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updates

TT no longer has that page which informs you about form changes.  everyone that clicks on the link has the same problem.  that link hasn't worked for about a year.  TT MODS say it supposed to be fixed in the future. I and everyone else will believe it if we ever see it. after the fix (?) what they say will happen is that if you submit a return  TT will notify you if a form in your return is updated.  This, of course, means that TT is snooping. How else could they know what forms are in your return!      

as to your other problem, have you tried rebooting.   if so, do you get any error codes - you may have to contact TT support.   your other option is an uninstall, reboot and reinstall and then go through the updates again.  then reboot.

I have the same version running on win7 and have not had a problem with updates.  However, some do require a reboot.    

Updates

Hack:

Thanks for the note. I hard-forced my system to delete an old install (after much hanging, finally). I rebooted and installed a fresh copy of TT Deluxe 2019 from the download link I had. I'm running Win10.

This is the result after I downloaded the latest update on a fresh copy of TT Deluxe 2019. No where to go from here - it crashes if I try to do anything else. Can't open a new return either -- it spins and then crashes...

Ugh.

This is the garbage I got after I downloaded the update - and tried to open an existing file.  TT Deluxe basically hangs and crashes after this point.This is the garbage I got after I downloaded the update - and tried to open an existing file. TT Deluxe basically hangs and crashes after this point.

Updates

The following link is to a TurboTax Help article on that error (25300).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-25300/00/25731

Updates

Thanks - the recommendations solved the problem.

Bit Defender was apparently the problem. I turned it off, deleted old installs of TT 2019 -  and started a fresh install with the Bit Defender firewall disabled.

It's now working.

Updates

That's just lazy to not bother providing at least summary details on what the changes are.

Certainly I can compare the bottom line for changes, but it's useful to see generally what the changes are to whether they will impact me.

ccs
Level 2

Updates

Guess this will be the last year I use Turbo Tax.  I WANT to know what the updates are and decide for myself if they pertain to my situation or not.  Uneducated people do not use Turbo Tax, so why is Intuit treating us as though we cannot decipher English?   If you are trying to force me to do my taxes 'on-line', it will not happen; I will return to paper as I did 20 years ago.  I have been using this product since 1994 and would hate to go to a competitor, but I will.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies