turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Updates

Then after this year I will no longer be a customer.  This is an utterly absurd practice and an even more ridiculous rationale.

Updates

Are not release notes part of the ISO9000 standards ?

Release notes should be a part of you Software Quality Standards,

and should be considered a Best Practice.

Certainly makes me re-think my decision to use your software.

Updates

I have to reply to this to help Intuit understand how absurd this practice is.  We are not using free software, we are paying a fee to use it.  I believe it is a feature to see what the updates relate to -- and if we do not understand it, that is our problem.

A lack of transparency is why I abandoned TT [for TaxCut] when Intuit secretly put hidden DRM on our desktops.

If the value of using this software drops, then I must consider possible substitutes next year.

Updates

Really?? I want to know what has changed with each release as it might affect my filing. Why am I paying for this software every year when they cannot do the basics?

Updates

This seems like some sort of a scam. No auditing of what has been changed. I've been using Turbo tax for over 20 years. If this doesn't get fixed, it will be my last. 

Turbotax, you are responsible for keeping your customers informed. Make It Happen.

Updates

Just where are this year's release notes? The article number is part of the link (that has been discontinued since when). The release note is dated 1/13/2020. today is 1/15/2020. Am I to understand that a release note has disappeared in less than 2 days' time because the link points to nothing now? This suggests that release notes have been discontinued for THIS YEAR. And why is this anyway? Just where will we find the reasons for updates and specifically what tax issues and forms are affected? In the early day of working up a return we could think we are done and current and not know that some changes have affected the return, we have waiting to submit or did submit.  I am not impressed with what is happening here. Yax software is too important to not be informative. What is TT SUPPORT for anyway?

Updates

How condescending to suggest we cannot understand and the masses don't need to see what was release notes. If you think they are unintelligible to the 'masses' that it is TT's responsibility to word them so the 'masses' can understand what the release note means. I find your response offensive. We are not a mass of people using this software who are disinterested or so under-educated as not to be able to understand the release notes. You are speaking to the TT MASSES here some of whom are highly educated and have complicated returns or interests in knowing what's going on with the tax regulations, forms and modifications to the software. This way of thinking and operating is part of the dumbing down of America coming from industry and government. 

Updates

Ok... release notes have never been available until sometime in February and they are always behind. Rumor has it that they are to be discontinued.  Instead  personal email alerts will go out when something that affects a filed return happens so keep TT out of the spam folder. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updates

what about those that file by mail?  Also I don't like TT snooping on my returns which it must do to know if a form I have filed has been updated.    

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updates

in future releases I hope they fix the email problem.  have only received about 5 since Tuesday.  prior on a daily basis was getting over 100. i've check my subsriptions so i know they're ok.  however, I can ho longer find a link to check my e-mail address,   ANOTHER INTUIT IMPROVEMENT????????????????

Updates

As if the absence of the release notes isn't bad enough... Leaving behind what is essentially a 'dead link'?  Issues as seemingly minor as these still speak to quality assurance problems and make me wonder about the efficacy and accuracy of my return using this software. 

Updates

I agree 100%.  It's the Intuit model...charge you more and provide you less!

I've been using TT and Quicken for about 20 years and it seems to never provide timely or complete software solutions.

Updates

This is pure BS.  Hiding what has changed is not the way to better support your customers.  I actually care about release notes and read them.  Contrary to what someone else said, the notes are not something new from last Feb.  Every year I look through the notes as updates are released so I know what to look for on my returns to verify the accuracy.  By taking this away, Intuit is taking on the responsibility of accuracy. 

I would also like to point out that this makes it so Intuit gets to send out a mass email to all their customers when they screw something up now, which means more of a chance for a class action lawsuit over their old method of hiding issues in release notes.  I guess that's one benefit... not one that benefits Intuit at all, but hey, it won't matter once they go to court.

I will no longer be a customer next year as there are a variety of other options out there that actually communicate changes and issues.  I am also going to advise my employer to stop offering incentives for TurboTax as it places them in a worse position with less clarity.  Good thing they are only the largest employer in Arizona.

hms1
Level 1

Updates

I just hope they fixed all the bugs from last year that caused data loss.  FYI - what is Intuit hiding by not showing details of program fixes !!!

Updates

Intuit, bring back release notes; don't be stupid.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies