turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Updates

TT Desktop - just installed latest updates.  If you click on the details of the updates it takes you to a page that is no longer valid.  When you click on support from there (turbotax's suggestion) you cannot still cannot see the details of the updates.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/articles/4784576

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

142 Replies

Updates

Release notes for updates have been discontinued and the actual link will be removed in a future release.

Updates

Why did you discontinue release notes for updates?  Users should be able to find out what was changed in a given update, and why.

Updates

Makes no sense to not advise what updates were implemented.  I would like to know if a form changed so I can back and check the return(s).  If logic or calculation changed I want to be able to go back see how it affected my return(s).

Please reconsider

Updates

Until you file expect the program to change,  once you have filed if there are changes that affect your return the program will send you an email alert instead of you having to check the program from time to time... this feature is better than release notes most people cannot understand and most that do not affect the masses.  This is why they confirm your email when you file ... make sure you pay attention to what TT sends you and that they don't go to spam. 

You should always save a PDF of the return (with & without the worksheets) after you file a return so you can always review the new return against what was filed to see if there was any change after the updates.  Also you should shut off the auto updating function once you file so you are not surprised later.  

Updates

I think this is just lazy on Intuit's part and not an acceptable answer.  Some of us still actually read and process this stuff.

Updates

I was wondering the same thing. Appears they will remove providing an answer to what items are contained in an update. Did I understand that correctly?

Updates

@lawrence-gavin wrote:

Appears they will remove providing an answer to what items are contained in an update. Did I understand that correctly?

Yes; the release notes for each update will no longer be provided and the link in the updater for the desktop (installed) program will also be removed.

Updates

This is a terrible reply to TurboTax users. You state that the users cannot understand the release notes, which is just a corp. excuse to hide the corrections to the program. Having used TurboTax for over 25 years both personal and corp programs there has yet been a release note that was difficult for the user to understand.

Updates

I do not work for TT any longer however even I as a tax pro, who knows what to look for, have found the release notes confusingly full of tech speak.   I believe the individual emails serve the general user much better. 

Updates

This is ridiculous - I worked in support of mainframe software for over 20 years,-  to not have any transparency of what forms were updated, or what program bugs were fixed, is UNACCEPTABLE.  When users are waiting on forms to be able to complete your return, we need notification when forms are updated.  I signed up for notification when incomplete forms are completed - and have received NO notifications yet.

I have been a happy user of Turbo-tax since it was first released, but am ready to look for another alternative.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updates

so TT is snooping on our tax returns.   That's the only way it will know if any updates affect the return.  this would not only apply to on-line prep but desktop prep.  I find this snooping unacceptable.   I wonder if this isn't a violation of federal tax laws since TT claims it is not a preparer. 

and if I lock out updates, how will I know the effect  

Updates

Good grief ... they are not looking at your actual information ... but they do have a record of the forms you use ( this is registered when you efile the return)  so if a change happens they can alert you.  This is not proprietary information and this is part of the privacy information you agree to when you register the account.   It is like a car manufacturer alerting you about a recall that effects the model you bought but they have no idea where or how you drive.  

Updates

unacceptable.  I did software QA for 30 years and whenever a change was made, the end users were notified. 

I want to know what changes are made to make sure any extenders or IRS updates are being applied correctly i.e. medical deductions going from more then 10% to more then 7.5%.  Was this adjusted on the form and in the program?  when was this adjusted?  the extender was approved in Dec 2019.

Updates

Critter trying not to flame you, but I am not a tax pro and have been using TurboTax Personal and Corp for over 25 years and I have yet to see a release note that I could not understand. Sorry to say this but I am glad you don't do my taxes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies