turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Updates

I have tried to update Turbo Tax as requested but nothing happens.  Also the program is running very slow.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies

Updates

Running Windows 10 Pro - 1909 - and TurboTax2019 Deluxe. Program and Manual Upgrade failure.

When Turbotax 2019 Deluxe starts, the update window comes up and soon after a window pops up that says "Intuit Update has stopped working" A problem stopped the program from working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.  The only option then is to Close Program. Then Turbotax 2019 Deluxe starts up but is not updated.

Troubleshooting on TurboTax website refers one to a link to manually update.

The manual update program downloads, executes but stops with the message NET 4.5.2 Framework verification can't be found. The link "Click For Solution" opens a web page which reports "We're sorry, the page you requested could not be found".

When the program was checked by Microsoft it reported "incompatible Program -- Not fixed."

Updates

@Kolelemook 

Windows 10 "should" already have Microsoft Net Framework 4.6 or higher, which is more than the minimum.

See if running a TurboTax Repair makes any difference.  It is a "repair in place" not an uninstall, even though you start it by choosing Uninstall/Change.  Just follow the steps as outlined in this FAQ:

FAQ:  How to repair TurboTax in Microsoft Windows

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/how-to-repair-turbotax-in-microsoft-w...

Report back if necessary.

Updates

@Kolelemook 

When you installed your TurboTax program, did you install it with Administrator privilege?

Also, what antivirus program are you using? 

Be sure your firewall/antivirus is not blocking anything.  In order to update there are a couple of files that need firewall permission for Internet access.  These are usually granted access by default when the program is installed, but for some people might not be, depending on their particular security software and settings.

intuitupdateservice.exe

intuitupdater.exe

For 2019 in Windows 10, these 2 files are both located in the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service v4\

The TurboTax program executable also needs Internet permission:
For Deluxe it is located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Deluxe 2019\32bit\turbotax.exe

2LD4
Level 1

Updates

I PURCHASED THE PHYSICAL CD.  INSTALLED IT ...LICENSE ID....ALL INSTALLED.....ALL WORKING FINE...TURBO TAX DELUXE 2019...WAS ALL UP TO DATE....AND THEN ANOTHER UPDATE...TURBO TAX WAS UP TO DATE..

I INSTALLED TURBO TAX ON JANUARY 10, 2020 BY JANUARY 15, 2020...TURBO TAX INFORMS THAT THAT THERE IS ANOTHER UPDATE....BUT THIS TIME...IT CANNOT UPDATE....WINDOWS INSTALLER IT HAS TO WAIT FOR....WELL...THEN....I HAD TO UNINSTALL TURBO TAX DELUXE 2019 AND REINSTALL IT...THOUGHT THAT WOULD DO IT....IT UPDATED...THEN THE SAME PROBLEM WINDOWS INSTALLER.

SO,,,,NOW...I HAVE INSTALLED AND UNINSTALLED TURBO TAX FROM MY COMPUTER 5 TIMES NOW...NOW IT IS OFF MY COMPUTER.....

THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THIS TURBO TAX...WHEN YOU ARE CHECKING FOR UPDATES...THE PROGRAM STARTS OVER....WHILE U ARE TRYING TO UPDATE....THE MESSAGE...WE KNOW IT IS TAKING LONGER ETC...LIKE WHEN U FIRST GO INTO TURBO TAX...I HAVE USED TURBO TAX FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS.....HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH IT....FROM YEAR TO YEAR...BUT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO RESOLVE IT ON MY OWN.....

SO...TURBO TAX WILL UPDATE...THEN WHEN U GO TO CHECK FOR UPDATES AGAIN....THE TURBO TAX SHOWS THE BLUE BOX....IT SEEMS TO START OVER....AND THE SAME MESSAGE APPEARS...IT HAS TO WAIT FOR WINDOWS INSTALLER....WELL...WINDOWS DID UPDATE...BUT THAT WAS DAYS AGO...NO OTHER UPDATES....

SO...WHEN WILL THE FIX FOR THIS BE READY.????...IT NOW SEEMS THAT TURBO TAX CAN ONLY UPDATE ONE TIME...AT FIRST IT UPDATED A FEW TIMES....NOW...IT WILL ONLY UPDATE ONE TIME....AND THEN NEVER CAN UPDATE AGAIN.....I HOPE THIS IS RESOLVED BEFORE JANUARY 31, 2020....

Updates

All caps and no spacing is very hard to read.

Updates

I am 80 years old and I can read the post. There is a problem updating TurboTax 2019. TurboTax support should focus on getting that fixed instead of criticizing users who have faulty product just they shouted at you.

Updates

Close the TurboTax program

Right click on the TurboTax desktop icon

Click on the Compatibility tab

Check the box Run as administrator

Click on Apply and then OK

Start the TurboTax program.  The software should update.

2LD4
Level 1

Updates

THE COMPATABILITY TAB AND RUN AS ADMINISTER DID NOT WORK FOR ME...I HAD DONE THAT MANY TIMES BEFORE...I HAD READ OTHER POSTS …..

WHAT DID WORK FOR ME*************THAT FINALLY MADE THE TURBO TAX UPDATE******************

WAS WHAT I READ FROM OTHER CUSTOMERS...

************************************************************************************************************

WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO UPDATE TURBO TAX.....IT SAYS IT WILL TAKE 2 MINUTES......THEN IT SAYS

WAITING FOR WINDOWS INSTALLER.....WHILE THIS IS ON YOUR SCREEN...……

PRESS CTRL+ALT+DEL

CLICK ON TASK MANAGER

SCROLL DOWN TO WINDOWS INSTALLER

CLICK ON WINDOWS INSTALLER AND END TASK FOR WINDOWS INSTALLER

THIS MADE MY TURBO TAX FINALLY UPDATE!!!!!!!

UPDATED A FEW SECONDS LATER....

NOW TURBO TAX IS UP TO DATE.....FOR THE TIME BEING......

***********************************THANKS TO ALL FOR THE INFO**********

Updates

2LD4:         Thank you for taking the time to reply with your Updater success.  Your instructions were the ONLY thing that worked for me.  Thanks!

Updates

This was a Windows problem. Here is what worked for me.

Open Control Panel.
Click on Uninstall or change a program.
In the left column of the window that opens, click on Turn Windows Features on or off.

(You can also search for "turn on windows features" and run it directly.)

In the Windows Features window, Make sure ALL the NET Framework Features are turned ON.
Restart your PC

My TurboTax Deluxe updates all the time now.

Updates

I tried everything suggested in this discussion,  and by the support team,  but every  time I tried to update it would fail with the Problem Signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: IntuitUpdater.exe
Application Version: 4.5.1.0
Application Timestamp: 57c9174e
Fault Module Name: atcuf32.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.28.222.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5d874f64
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00002d8e
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I finally realized  that atcuf32.dll is part of the Bitdefender Antivirus 2019 program.  Once I temporarily turned off Bitdefender (turned off the Firewall, Vulnerability and Advanced Threat Defense,  all under Protection Features,  and under Settings I turned off the Bitdefender Shield for 15 minutes).  everything worked fine.  I have no idea if the problem is with Turbo Tax 2019 (all the previous versions worked fine under Bitdefender),  or with the latest level of Bitdefender (2019).  My money is on Intuit having done something wrong for the 2019 version. 

cardt
Returning Member

Updates

Worked for me!! Spent hours with everyone's attempts, looks like it is hit and miss: Mult. uninstalls, reinstall with anti virus off,  use the TTclenaup Tool (did they misspell "cleanup"  on purpose??), tried all this in/out of Windows Selective Startup Mode.  I did not spend much time on the phone with TT support so I have no opinion.   There's probably more solutions out there. Stick with it.

Updates

@ cardt 

I've reported to TurboTax that the name of that "state cleanup utility" file is misspelled.  🙄  Thanks for the tip!

For users who have a state download-install loop after updating, there's a new FAQ concerning that state download loop where users can download that cleanup utility and then,  hopefully, solve the issue.   If the cleanup utility doesn't work, however, the FAQ recommends an alternate approach.

FAQ:  State loop indicates TurboTax is up to date after updating but won't install the state

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/state-loop-indicates-turbotax-is-up-to-date-after-...

tom_m

Updates

That worked for me as well.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies