Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JB1028

Updates

I too was a mainframe systems programmer, Unix admin and computer/network admin. I never put in an update unless I knew what it was applying. You don't just go ahead and apply updates and then don't know what broke!

Updates

I am one of the people complaining about the lack of information on updates. My question is however, do we really have another option for DIY tax preparation software? I am ready to move if a better option exists but what I read is that, despite TT lack of respect to its customers, they may still be the best option for me. My taxes are complicated because I include business expenses, rentals, and investments, and from what I read in the web, TT may be the best in dealing with these items. If I am wrong, please correct me, tell me what to buy or to move to, and why. Lack of update notes is insulting but not enough for me to make a change. Thanks.

Updates

In the update (patch) you should turn OFF the 'view updates window' 

AND SAVE US ALL THE CONFUSION.

GabiU
Level 15

Updates

Thank you for reaching out regarding our release notes, your feedback does not go unnoticed.

We are frequently updating our product to provide users with the best experience possible. To find out more details on updates to our product, please refer to the IRS Forms Availability and State Forms Availability FAQs.

For all other questions regarding the product, please search for Help Articles, start a discussion, or reach out to social or phone support.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GabiU
Level 15

Updates

Thanks to your feedback, Release Notes is making a comeback! We're working on a process to make sure you all get updated information. 

You've made a difference and we appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us on the community. 

Happy filing! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Updates

Agreed. Release Notes would be a nice feature to bring back.

I'm used to using ProSystem fx tax prep at work—I'm a CPA. ProSystem fx always gives you a very detailed listing of what was changed in any update. Now that I'm retired and using TurboTax for my tax returns, I really miss the ability to see what has changed after an update is installed.

I understand that ProSystem fx is a vastly more expensive program for professionals and that I should not expect the same level of functionality in a consumer product, but it would be a valuable feature to offer.

Updates

It is a feature that Intuit removed some time back.  Perhaps if enough users request the feature, it will return.  I'm still disappointed it was removed without rationale. 

Updates

The "release notes" made somewhat of a comeback except they are not issued on a regular basis and do not actually specific exactly what was fixed (or enhanced).

Updates

When I opened Turbo Tax, it did it normal update, however, this time it required me to "Agree" to an "Revised April 2022" end user agreement. What was changed in the original end user agreement?

This is very concerning for several reasons:

1. The EUA is basically a legal agreement
  2. Any legal agreement needs to disclose clearly what is being changed
  3. Because it was not disclosed, nor is there a way to see the changes, AND in light of TT recent legal settlement, this undisclosed change is EXTERMELY concerning!

Updates

Agreed.  And once again, no update description provided.  Disappointing. 

Updates

Today is24 July 2022. That is 100 days after filing date and there is an update to TT. I have no idea as to what has changed in TT. I am supposed to be satisfied that I will receive an email if the change affects my filed return. Obviously TT is not error free  so why should I believe there will be no error in sending an email to me if my return has been rendered faulty? 

Issue descriptions of the changes!

Updates

I've been using TT for about 20 years.  I have also prepared tax returns professionally for 10 years, but have stuck with TT for my own return.  For most common returns, please trust TT.  Usually the later updates affect fairly unique things that affect just a few folks.  By the filing deadline, all of the common problems have shaken out and you should be OK.  If you filed early in the season, then you may want to compare your filed return with the updated return.  If the bottom line (refund or tax owed) remains the same, then just relax and assume that it did not affect you.  Of course this is just my opinion, but I would get unduly upset over a late update.

Updates

Thanks for bringing back release notes.  Hopefully, it will also include changes to State software as well.

Updates

I was in the software business for more than 40 years. Documenting changes improves the reliability and acceptance of the changes. Just from reading a programmer's description of a change he made I found the change was not valid and he corrected it. 

A change may not affect my filed return but it may have opened an opportunity for savings that the error it corrected had blocked.

The devil is in the details and we are NOT provided with the details.

Updates

Another update 3 days later. Is this update to correct an error in the last update?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies