turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Updates

Crappy Customer Service is the reason behind Offshoring our programmers.  When your programmers are in Bangladesh, Mauritania or China, you can't expect them to program your Tax application and document the software changes.... and least not in English.  Don't forget that we pay for what we get... cheap software prices beget cheap software (executed by cheap foreign labor).  You want readable update documentation?  Be prepared to pay more for your software.

Updates

It is vehicle depreciation that is wrong if a Turbo Customer doesn't know what the figure should be each year, then they are filing a incorrect tax return.  ie:  Last year 2nd year deprec. on a my work van should have been $5,700.  Turbo Tax gave me $4,719??  So, I thought I would check my figure on H & R Block and Tax Act software, I was correct $5,700.  Turbo wouldn't fix their program by 4/15 so I had to go ahead and file with H & R.  Again, this year is 3rd year deprec. and should be $3,444 and Turbo is giving me $2,832??  and both years the Part V of the Form 4562 is incorrectly stated as well as the wrong amount.  Last year, 24 "Tax Advisors" with remote sessions, all agreeing the amount and form is wrong and "put in" a ticket with the CSI Team (coding/IT department), still no fix.

ZR1
Level 2

Updates

At least you get to the Updater!!  I can only do it manually and am still unable to download my state tax.  Keeps saying I can't access the address!!

Updates

I don't know if this will work for you, but it works for me (gets updates)...

Try running TurboTax "as administrator".  Hold down the shift key, right mouse click the TT icon, select "run as administrator".  It gets the udpates, but does not start the program after that.  Repeat the process and the program runs.

Hope it works for you.

Updates

It sounds like you have a legitimate support issue.  I'm just bitching at TT! 😁

Updates

This is STILL broken ..... as of 2/1/2020

NotAmused

Updates

At the very least, the web links should point to a page (404 page) that describes the new policy.  It is very disconcerting to use a product and have the very first interaction be what is clearly a bug (a help system that does not work).  It makes me very nervous about the quality of the underlying product.

David H
Returning Member

Updates

Try TaxAct.com

it seems to be more user-friendly

Updates

@David H wrote:

Try TaxAct.com

it seems to be more user-friendly

Does that company have a support forum (like this one)? I cannot seem to locate one; just a knowledge base.

Does that company issue release notes for each update? I cannot seem to locate any of those either.

Updates

"I believe the individual emails serve the general user much better. "

If only the system actually worked and did so.

Last year CA state failed to take into account mortgage deduction. At the time I filed, it didn't include it from the federal data, because fed eliminated it. I only discovered this as I needed to open TT later in the season to do a relative's taxes, and the program had been updated to fix that.

I never got an email from Turbotax/Intuit regarding this.

Updates

Today, Feb 1, 2020. Same problem. You would think in 3 weeks TT would have fixed it.

Updates

Poor quality... and serious lack of transparency!

Updates

Ridiculous. Unacceptable.

Updates

Agree - this is not appropriate.  I always check the release notes. Its about trust

Updates

Hiding details of updates is not acceptable. Period, full stop. Retired after 45 years as an IT professional I am very disappointed.  Next year: NO MORE INTUIT PRODUCTS FOR ME, AND I WILL ADVISE OTHERS SIMILARLY. The Senate may let a misbehaving President off the hook, but I will not continue to be a paying customer for Intuit.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies