turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Updates

Wish the release notwes would tell us what.  I entered info as in past years, this time got a form xxxx will noy ready until (reasonable date), just got updated, and NOW have to gotr to forms to see if have a form ready for filing.  Would have much rather just looked at the updates and save time.

Updates

I agree with cliffmason and others and want a return to the traditional update info when you load TurboTax!  It matters to me because: (1) I don't get e-mail updates from TurboTax; (2) most years I begin the process early to get a feel for what family members might owe, or receive as refunds, before the IRS and states have fully updated their forms; and (3) when you load TurboTax, you want to know what is new, and the program still tells you that something is new--it just won't tell you what.

This is ridiculous!. 

Updates

I will reserve judgment for now. However, I hope Intuit sends the emails from a DIFFERENT email  than the sales pitches, because I shuttle those off to a seldom used email account that I periodically check.. I of course want to read the proposed emails.  Can Intuit at least tell us what the email address or name or subject will include so I can find these?  More general comment:  Having used both TurboTax and Quicken for many years, the various corporate mergers and splits have not been very customer-friendly. The products are generally very good, and I am well-versed by now in how to use them;  but major changes seem to be made with no customer input. How do they alpha and beta test? Do they do get user input before they start, to guide the process? Do marketing and engineering talk to each other?  This is not a product complaint, I will continue to use the product, but I am unlikely to buy Intuit stock on some consumer doubt.  (Quicken going subscription is off-topic here, but I do complain about that. It was better under Intuit.) 

Updates

Good point about quality assurance fail. As I previously commented, this also is a customer relations fail. I had to 1) sign up for community and 2) hunt for this thread in order to ascertain what the dead link would tell me about the change. And I'd like to hear about the ISO 9000 requirement, it would be a shame if that recognition were not behind the product. 

jazzman

Updates

I have been using TurboTax since the beginning. I have never had difficulty understanding the update details and have relied on them to help follow what is changing. It is not acceptable to delete this feature. If this is not corrected, I will be finding another software vendor!

Updates

Please restore the feature that documents the documentation for program and form updates.

As your customer for many years this is an important feature for me.

Updates

NOT INFORMING CUSTOMERS OF THE SOFTWARE CHANGES INCLUDED IN UPDATES after the reviews are published! Appears to be part of a BAIT and SWITCH philosophy at INTUIT.

Every year, I read the reviews of tax software to determine which one is the best. This year TurboTax was reported to have "Comprehensive Support" so I bought the Premier DVD (I want control of my data). The software has the link to display the details of the updates but the web page that should contain the details does not exist. No Apology. No Explanation. 

I WONDER WHAT ELSE INTUIT IS SECRETLY ELIMINATING? 

Updates

Ridiculous!

Updates

Please reconsider.  This is valuable information that I use and check my return to see how any changes affected it.  I have used TTax since it was a DOS program and have always used these update explanations.

Updates

I agree.  I am waiting for depreciation to be fixed (waiting 2 years).  Much simpler to just read the notes they would have when they did updates then to be in the dark and have to "REVIEW" your return to see if needed forms are there now or if the program has been fixed.  I have been using Turbo since 2008 and the last 2 years have been the worst so far; taking until almost the end of January to have "forms ready" or added or program be fixed.  BTW, Depreciation still isn't fixed.  On Jan 1st each year I am ready to enter my information so that I can know whether I need to increase my 1/15 Estimated Tax payment or not.  Last year and this year, Turbo missed that mark by a mile.  Really??? Nothing changed on Form 4562 or Sch A but the date at the top of the form.  How long does it take to change a date?  In the meantime, because they don't have the "form" ready it won't even compute the amounts.  Also, last year, because Turbo won't/didn't correct the depreciation calculation (s), I was forced to file with H & R Block.  I am hoping they get it fixed this year, so that I can stay with Turbo Tax.

Updates

@acctinggirl 

Have no idea where you got your software but the current 2019 Form 4562 is available.  

I have been depreciating a rental property and rental assets since 2004 and using TurboTax software the entire time.  The depreciation is exactly as required by the IRS using MACRS under GDS.

Updates

It is 3 weeks later. TurboTax is still updating and  the more details link is still showing up on the Updater screen. Don't the programmers know how to remove the details link?? The nonemployees of TurboTax have been stating that the link will be removed for months. (Actually, depending on what program one is using, it has been years in some cases)

Updates

Release Notes should always be included.  TurboTax's lack of support for past systems and now almost zero support makes me seriously consider an new tax program (H&R Block, ...).  Why can't Intuit do the bare minimum to properly support their products?

jobe

Updates

Patch (update) to correct a problem with importing financial institution data does not work.  Any suggestions to make this function correctly?  

Updates

This elimination is very non-customer focused.  And it's half baked since there is still a link in the update that navigates to never-never land.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies