turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Update Release Notes, TurboTax 2019 for Mac

I've applied a couple of updates which said they were 'Critical'.  I've been unable to find anything related to the contents of these updates (and the updater window for the Mac doesn't include a link to them).  Is there any way to find out what an update will change or has changed?

srb

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GabiU
Level 15

Thanks to your feedback, Release Notes is making a comeback! We're working on a process to make sure you all get updated information. 

You've made a difference and we appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us on the community. 

Happy filing! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

16 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, TurboTax has removed release notes for the TurboTax software effective for tax year 2019. 

That's not a good answer.  Why can't the release notes be maintained? How do I know if the changes would effect my tax returns? Why are there still broken links everywhere? It's been at least 3 updates with non-working more details links.

If this is the quality of software development, why should I trust that the tax returns are being prepared and calculated correctly?

That's pretty much the exact opposite of helpful.  So Intuit will tell me that an update's critical, but not allow me to see if it actually affects my tax situation.

srb

CDutch

Pathetic that Intuit cannot maintain release notes as they have done in many prior years past.  If this doesn't change, 2019 will be my last year using this product.

WT letter-after-E?    How can you get away with forcing me to make "critical updates" and not post release notes with the content of those updates?    That is REALLY bad practice.    Not happy.   Very not.  

TT won't let me e-file my taxes (after they accepted my payment!) because I need "critical updates" that they won't provide for my MAC.  What's going on?  I need a reasonable, effective explanation -- now. Tried the old fashioned way of calling on their Support Line. Sat on hold, with dead silence, for 30+ minutes. Makes me wonder how accurate their program really is and how good is their "Audit Defense." LAST time I use TurboTax. 

Finally!  After 45 min. on hold, Terika answered and was able to help with the updates. She was very helpful and I appreciated her assistance. Tax time is not fun to start with and any hiccup in tax preparation can be stressful. Thank you to Terika (apologies if I’ve misspelled your name). 

That is indeed unfortunate and remarkably poor in terms of "support". Equally poor is the link in TT Windows 2019 when you click on "more details" next to TT Updates you are taken to a web page that simply says TT support has moved. Really, really poor non-explanation and non-support. I was a professional programmer for many years and I don't believe we ever engaged in this level of abandoned responsibility. 

MLL1

I am getting the same Update needed prior to E-File. Very Frustrating obviously!

What did Terika advise you to do when you did get through?

I too am frustrated that there are no release notes. I am now hesitating to file as I won't know if I need to file an amended return for 2019.

It is irresponsible of any software provider to not have current release notes available to their customers!

Intuit, you need to get it together and get this fixed NOW. 

GabiU
Level 15

Thank you for reaching out regarding our release notes, your feedback does not go unnoticed.

We are frequently updating our product to provide users with the best experience possible. To find out more details on updates to our product, please refer to the IRS Forms Availability and State Forms Availability FAQs.

For all other questions regarding the product, please search for Help Articlesstart a discussion, or reach out to social or phone support.

Again, we thank you all for your feedback and the community team has passed this information along to our colleagues. 

GabiU
Level 15

Thanks to your feedback, Release Notes is making a comeback! We're working on a process to make sure you all get updated information. 

You've made a difference and we appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us on the community. 

Happy filing! 

Tak3o808

My problem is much simpler, although I can't get through to anyone for help; so frustrating!  Upon opening the application, a message appears to "install updates" with a simple click.  However, and before it can accomplish this, an error message appears (with no reference number) and the application turns off.  It is now April 18, 2020, and I'm "dead in the water".  After a decade of using TurboTax, I'm afraid I'll have to throw in the towel.

AllyFitz

Did you ever get a solution?  I have had the same problem also and cannot get it solved.  Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies