turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gjz122501

Update phone number

I need my alerts to go to my new phone number and I can't find where to change it
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

Update phone number

Update my phone number

Update phone number

[personal info removed; this is a public Internet forum]

Update phone number

@giggles1959
For your privacy/security please do not post personal info in this public Internet forum.  No telling who might phone you and pretend to be from TurboTax.

You can change your phone number in the Account Settings inside your online account.  
Here's how to get to Account Settings.

Log in.  If the first page is a started return, then in the left menu column scroll way down near the bottom to "INTUIT ACCOUNT."    Then you should see the ACCOUNT SETTINGS page.  Review both the Profile and Security sections.
jbeasley2

Update phone number

To change your phone number in TurboTax, sign into your account and go here:

• My Account. 
  • Account Settings

This will open the Review and edit your account info page, where you can update your User ID, password, name, email, security question/answer, billing/shipping info, and payment information.

If you want to change the phone number on your Tax Return, you can go to the Personal Info tab and change your number there. 

Update phone number

See above

Update phone number

@llukesheckman

For some reason your thread got transferred to this old thread about how to change a phone number.  I can't explain that.

In your original thread you titled it "What form do I use used (sic) the long form for self emp..." then the rest was cut off.

So it's not clear what you were asking.   A self-employed business is reported on a Schedule C or C-EZ.    If your Schedule C is strictly income and has no expenses, and if you wish to use Online TurboTax, you may be able to prepare it in Deluxe, Premier, or the Self-Employed Edition.  The minimum edition is Deluxe.   

If your Schedule C/C-EZ has expenses, then in an Online product it requires the Self-Employed Edition.

All of the desktop products (CD/download) can prepare Schedule C/C-EZ.  The desktop editions differ in other ways, mainly in the amount of help and guidance.   The desktop Basic Edition does not include a state program and cannot import from ItsDeductible.

Desktop Deluxe comes in 2 versions-- i.e., with or without an included state program.

rosey1000
Returning Member

Update phone number

[phone number removed]

Update phone number

To update your TurboTax account, see this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900724-how-do-i-update-my-turbotax-account-information

To update your TurboTax Advantage account, see this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900547-how-do-i-update-or-confirm-the-information-in-my-turbotax-...

snabors59
Returning Member

Update phone number

I have sent my id twice i need my phone number updated i know my username and password i still have not received last year taxes 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Update phone number

@snabors59 If you are having trouble updating your telephone number for your TurboTax account, please reach out to customer support for further assistance. You can find the correct number for the TurboTax version you used in this FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Update phone number

I’ve tried too many times to log-in! What do I DO now???

Update phone number

@Karlajallen wrote:

I’ve tried too many times to log-in! What do I DO now???

I'm not sure what the lockout time is--it might be an hour or more.  Here are 2 ways to recover account access, but I don't know if you can do it while the account is locked.

You might even discover that you have more than 1 account, which is common.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first if you can still access the same phone number.   If you don't have the same phone number, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that tool, here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

Update phone number

thx

pompa92

Update phone number

[phone number removed] is my new number

Manage cookies