turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unemployment taxes

I paid my taxes on my unemployment for the year 2020. It was my understanding that due to covid 19 relief the money I paid for the unemployment taxes would be refunded up to a certain amount. It was my understanding that if I had all ready filed my taxes there was nothing I needed to do . I have not heard from the irs , is there anything I need to do at this point to get the refund ? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BBH9

Unemployment taxes

I am in same situation. I also posted this question. How does this forum actually answer our questions??

jcastro57

Unemployment taxes

I did the same claim all of my unemployment income before March 11th when the $10,200 adjustment was passed but hasn't BEEN  made yet and haven't  heard back from the IRS. Do we amend our tax return on our own? How much longer do we need to wait?

Unemployment taxes

First the IRS said by September 1.  Then they said by end of summer, which would be September 22.  Now I heard that it will be December 11.  At least you will be paid interest on the money for the time that they had it.

They did process a lot in July but it has been more than a month since any more have gone out.  There are millions of people waiting.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies