turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unemployment Tax Refund

I have yet to receive my unemployment tax refund. I did amend my taxes this year and I still have gotten my that unemployment tax return yet. Why is that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AdamNe
Employee Tax Expert

Unemployment Tax Refund

Hello @Kerrdavida91 

Sometimes, amending a return can put your tax account "on hold" (for lack of a better way to phrase it) until the amendment is processed. If your amendment included the unemployment compensation exclusion (UCE), then you will receive that amount when your amendment is fully processed as part of that adjustment. 

You can check the status of your amended return here: https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Unemployment Tax Refund

Is there a way  yall can go in and check my amended return to make sure I did it correctly 

Unemployment Tax Refund

@AdamNe is there anyway you can check my amended return I used through TurboTax to mack sure I did everything correctly. I should of received my unemployment tax refund already. Maybe I did something wrong. I'm the head of household so those payments should have already been sent out.

AdamNe
Employee Tax Expert

Unemployment Tax Refund

@Kerrdavida91 

Absolutely! Unfortunately we can't access your account from here, however. 

Reach out to our Live Help from your TurboTax home screen, or call (800) 446-8848! One of our agents can take a look for you!

Amended returns take much longer to process than it would have taken to receive the unemployment supplemental refund normally. 

Under normal circumstances, we suggest allowing 12-16 weeks for an amended return to be processed, but this year I can tell you from personal experience that it is taking much longer than that in some cases!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies