Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Two W-2s, same parent company (same Fed ID) 2 different states

I worked for Old Navy from 1/1/2019-6/1/2019 in one state. Then I moved and worked for Banana Republic from 11/1/2019 — present in another state. I received 2 separate W-2s, same Fed ID. One says GAP INC, AGENT FOR OLD NAVY and one says GAP INC, AGENT FOR BANANA REPUBLIC. Using TurboTax, the Old Navy W2 was imported from last year.  I selected “add a W-2” entered the Banana one. They combined them into one, which I see is normal after searching here for questions. However, while in it did add an additional line for boxes 15-17 to show income and tax from both states, it left my total Federal income box 1 the same, indicating only the income from Old Navy. Am I supposed to add the amounts from box 1 of each W2 together and type the total into the Federal Income tab?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Interesting, they have the same federal id's?  I would enter them as two separate W2's.  If you are combining them, yes, you would add both W2's, all boxes, together, except for the state information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you! I did enter them as 2 separate W2s and TurboTax automatically combined them - I guess because they have the same FED ID - but it seemed strange that despite combining them it did not add the income from both states together in the federal wages box, left only the wages from the first  state entered. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies