turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: TurboTax Updates on Unemployment Tax Relief

Frankly, it is totally unacceptable! This is a simple change and why takes so long!!

Just checked and update still isn't there for the unemployment, what is going on

Thanks so much for your response.  I am sure it will get done soon.  Thanks for all your hard work!

I checked my software today and the unemployment exemption is still not there. When will the update be available. I would like to file my Taxes.

@ToddL99  I have the Mac desktop version of TurboTax Premier and have not yet seen the unemployment adjustment update come through.  Because it's a Mac, the manual update feature is unavailable for me. Any idea when updates for that Mac platform will be pushed out?  Thanks much!

Turbo Tax has NOT updated Home and Business.  The have updated the "free" online version, Tax Advantage.  H&R Block and other Tax Software companies have already updated all of their applications and are currently working and sending in correct tax returns.  We were told the 18th, then the 25th.  So we will see if we were lied to again.   The IRS WANTS you to send in your incomplete return so they can decide how much you get in an adjustment.  The IRS can and will hold your return until they decide to release the change they made on your return.  They do not want you to file an amended return, that way they can control the adjustments made on the returns and send you the information when they decide to do it.  IF you already sent in your return, DO NOT send in an amended return, the IRS will make the changes and send you a notice of change.  You will not receive information on how they got to the number they decide to give you.  You should update your return on your computer and keep that information for comparison to what the IRS decides to send you.  IF you have not sent your return in, I suggest holding off until the software is updated, then send in a completed, adjusted  return.  OR find a different software to use.  Home and Business is a large portion of Turbo Tax clients and we shouldn't be treated like we are second class.

Has anyone seen an update?  Mine still shows the unemployment as income.

I have not received the unemployment update for my turbotax program yet.

I can accept the fact that the changes for Fed and State (my state has also waived the tax), but I am disappointed that there have been commitments to release dates that have not been met and keep changing. As of 11:00 on 3/23, the system is still not updated. 

gkasbekar

I had already submitted my return before this update. What do I need to do to claim the refund on tax that I paid on unemployment benefit?

I just open my Turbo Tax today, 3/23/21; it ran updates, but still nothing change on the Unemployment non-taxable of $10,200!  When will this be done?

I thought I saw a date of March 25 floating around somewhere. Just like you I keep checking for updates.

I updated turboTax and my refund amount did not change for the reduction in income due to the unemployment tax relief.  What am I missing?

today is 3/23/21 and I do not seem to have my software updated for unemployment adjustment. Do I have to do anything or does software update itself? thanks

While waiting for the software version to update, I checked the online version of TT.  Interestingly, it has the update for Federal in.  But it is still waiting on the state (New Mexico) for that update.

So be forewarned:  They may not have been been updated yes as of today (3/23/2021) depending on your state.

I owe money, so I will earn as much interest as I can on my stimulus money before it goes back to the government in May when taxes are due anyway, so I'm being patient.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies