turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax says Form MI-1040CR7 has invalid SSN number, but they are correct and cannot edit them

TurboTax Deluxe found two errors at the end when it checks everything. It says that two out of four of my household member's SSN numbers are invalid on the Michigan Form MI-1040CR7. The numbers show in red on the form and they are correct. Even so, I am unable to edit those SSN numbers even if I wanted to.

Help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
AG13
Returning Member

TurboTax says Form MI-1040CR7 has invalid SSN number, but they are correct and cannot edit them

I am having the exact same problem.  Something must be missing in the Michigan return updates that were scheduled for 2/6/2020. 

The forms are not quite ready yet.  Please check back intermittently, as they should be ready shortly.

Draine922

I’m having the same exact problem, I would love to get an answer on this. 

Dbhc1981

same issue

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Please check this article for more information. 

Error: "Household Member SSN is Invalid" in Michigan state review

We're expecting to resolve this issue on or around February 14.

I’m having the same issue and I do t know want to do I have checked everything and did it twins and the same ssi number invalid or format. 

I had to wait into the 6 and know it’s telling me that one of my ssi number are invalid. 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Please check this article for more information. 

Error: "Household Member SSN is Invalid" in Michigan state review

We're expecting to resolve this issue on or around February 14.

hioctane
Returning Member

I suspect it could be because the MI-1040CR-7 form has the dependent information section on it TWICE, and it's rejecting the second entry. How hard could it be to fix that? I suspect it's a fix that has to be done by the state of Michigan, and not turbotax, so not holding my breath. If it's not fixed soon, I'll be unchecking the box that says I'll file it with my tax return and file without the HHC for the time being. I need my refund!

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

We are aware of this issue with the Michigan state return and are working to correct it.  Please sign up at this link to be notified as soon as it is resolved: Michigan SSN error sign-up.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies