Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo Tax with a Chromebook

Hi.

I use TT online, but my chrome browser is not recognized, although it should be,

Thanks

@kevin_n_davey wrote:

Hi.

I use TT online, but my chrome browser is not recognized, although it should be,

Thanks

You can use a Chrome web browser on the TurboTax website.  I have for years.

Chrome current Version 79.0.3945.79

Yes, I understand that Chrome is compatible but when I log onto my turbotax account it redirects me to say that my browser is not recognized and I am unable to move forward past this.  I have a new computer that uses  chrome browser.

I have been using the online TT for the last 6 years but with windows. I started my 2019 taxes on windows device that I no longer have but now want to use a different device with chrome.

TurboTax online should work with Chromebook and a browser of Chrome 73.x and above.  What is your browser version?

Chrome 61.0

DoninGA
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

@kevin_n_davey wrote:

Chrome 61.0

That is why the program is rejecting your browser.  You need Chrome 73.x or higher.

Downloaded and fixed. Thank you all very much.

Trying to use turbo tax on a chrome book. I get a message saying the chrome browser needs updating. When I do it’s says I’m already using the updated version.

help!

TT?

@Scarylady  wrote:

Trying to use turbo tax on a chrome book. I get a message saying the chrome browser needs updating. When I do it’s says I’m already using the updated version.

help!

If your web browser is Google Chrome then look at the actual version you are using.  The minimum version of Chrome is 73.x

The current version of Chrome is Version 79.0.3945.130 

What is your version number?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Arturottx1  Can you provide some information about the issue you are experiencing or question you may have?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Download is not recognized by Chrome

@usedtobe70 wrote:

Download is not recognized by Chrome

The TurboTax software can only be installed on a personal computer that has either a Windows or Apple Operating System.

Go to this TurboTax website to request a refund for the software purchased from TurboTax - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp

What download?  Did you download your tax return as a pdf file or .tax file?  Or are you trying to install the program?  You can not install the desktop program on Chromebook.  You need a full Windows or Mac computer.

Here are the system requirements to install Turbo Tax for Windows…..
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

Here are the system requirements to install Turbo Tax for MAC…..
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

lshrader
Returning Member

How did you get it downloaded?  I can't get past the download screen option?  I click download but it does nothing? Frustrated!!  THX! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies