turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eraserbread
Returning Member

turbotax is asking for my 1095-c when i am a dependant and do not have any of this information at all

i literally cant complete my taxes because theyre asking for a health insurance/1095-c form. im already claimed as a dependent by my dad who filled out his form on his taxes. why am i being asked for information that literally does not exist? my brother is also a dependent to my dad and did not have to deal with this at all so theres literally no reason i would have this on mine.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

turbotax is asking for my 1095-c when i am a dependant and do not have any of this information at all

A Form 1095-C or a Form 1095-B is not entered on a tax return.

TurboTax would only ask for a Form 1095-A and if you do not have this form then when asked if you received this form answer NO.

eraserbread
Returning Member

wow thanks genius this doesnt answer my question in the slightest because its still being required from me to complete my state tax form

@eraserbread wrote:

wow thanks genius this doesnt answer my question in the slightest because its still being required from me to complete my state tax form

Since you never even mentioned this was for a state tax return the answer was provided for a federal tax return.

Now if it would not be  to much of an inconvenience maybe you could tell us what state you are referring to?

eraserbread
Returning Member

massachusetts. that shouldnt matter though because i had the same exact insurance and address and everything the year before and this never happened. i live with my dad who has me as a dependent and already filled out this form for his own taxes

Massachusetts wants info from the 1099-HC to complete the health insurance interview. Since you are covered by your dad's insurance, enter the info from his 1099-HC. If he did not receive one, enter the insurance company name and subscriber number, but leave the federal identification number blank. Check the box "I didn't receive a 1099-HC from this insurance company".

Hiramdp

I got the 1095C

Hiramdp

No

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Can you please clarify if TurboTax is asking for form 1095-A and not 1095-C?

You don't need your 1095-C to file your tax return.

Form 1095-A is used to report certain information to the IRS about individuals who enroll in a qualified health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies