turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Deluxe 2018 crashes constantly on Windows 10

Mine also can be found on the task bar, but I cannot save the file! It says the file doesn't exist.  Duh, that is why I am trying to save it. If anyone knows a way to save the file, I would love to know.

Thank you. 

I agree. This 2018 SW is horrible. Never had an issue before. Will be looking into new Tax SW. Very disapointed.

I tried that. It made no difference for me. It still shuts down.

mdlwascpa

I am going to try the suggested work around of not maximizing window, but REALLY? I too have been a long time Turbo Tax user (20+ years) and also very familiar with software development. Intuit...you have major issues with this version. It constantly crashes (has crashed 12 times in 2 hours and required me to restart & re-enter items). There are also MANY errors (mortgage interest from vacation home was improperly linked to business use of my primary home, business use of home is skipping required inputs for deductions on schedule A, error check is missing errors, etc.). I thoroughly review my return and compare to my offline calculations and this is how I am catching errors. Understandably, 2018 saw major tax reform that required major overhaul to the software, but where is Quality Control?

I've been a TTax user since Ttax92.   This has been happening since TT 2017.  You know there is management failure when tech support can not answer basic questions and sends you links to community boards like this one for solutions.  What happened to professionally staffed company boards with a pipeline into engineering so you could get real time info  - like "Yes we know its an issue, we're working on it, and have posted the following fixes".  Instead you all you get is desperate feedback from other users "try this" or "try that".   Nothing like using your customers as beta testers.  More like alpha.   

The only sign of life support is a so-called "Containment Article" inviting users to sign up for future fixes.  After three weeks they are finally sending out emails asking for users logs, so I assume they are still trying to get a handle on this.

The company gets rave reviews by its employees on sites like Glass Door, but you have to wonder why they love it so much when the products fails so miserably.   Maybe that's because they let engineering hide behind the pablum that calls itself CS.  Again, its all about management.

I really need and want this company to succeed.  Take it as constructive criticism.

Try not changing the size - that is leave it the size that it opens as and see if that helps.

tupapioso

Ditto. Random crashes every minute or so. I have also been a TT user since the first version but his one is pure JUNK. I have tried the work around of not resizing the window but it doesn't seem to work.  By the way TurboTax people, your commercials are stupid. Luv 'ya, mean it...

Well said.  This is a management issue and it is pathetic that they do not have a standard way to address all of these complaints. Mine is not crashing, just minimizing which means it just takes more time to get this unpleasant task done. PLEASE, TURBO TAX, address this issue!

I agree.  I've used Turbotax forever and have always loved it.  This version is awful!  I don't crash, but constantly get blank pages.  And when I have to sign in to do something, I am taken to a useless generic TurboTax page.  I was unable to put in car registration fees (didn't matter in my case) or income from jury duty (so insignificant that it's not much of an issue...but I try to be 100% accurate in accounting for every dime of income).

usercrk

My version is crashing every time I try to download my W2.  Uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted...  still crashes. 

Trying to repair in Windows Program and Features yields MS installer error code 1334.

This sucks. 

Ihave found if I save it to an external drive, it saves. No clue why. The only way I could save the information I was entering.  Then when I open, I have to go to the external drive. 

leoyuan

I am having this Turbotax 2018  crashs on Windows 10 all the time.

Can someone help?

There is a related thread with a few suggestions but no fix. 
<https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/Get-your-taxes-done-using-TurboTax/Turbotax-2018-Deluxe-crashes-co...>

I am having similar issues on Mac OS X version. I also have used TurboTax for MANY years (going back to 1980s). I have never had such problems in all these years.

TerryC

I have used Turbo Tax for over 15 years on Mac OSX. Never crashes. My Windows 10 PC at work crashes all the time. Get a Mac or do it online.

Manage cookies