turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax business: filing issue with Identifying Information

Help! I'm getting the following message: "S Corp Information Worksheet: S Corp Name This return cannot be filed electronically with PDF's attached as type 'Other'."

What does this mean? The highlighted error is just the name of my corporation, which is correct. What do I need to do? I can file by mail if I need, but would prefer to just efile and be done...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@JLTransfer wrote:

Help! I'm getting the following message: "S Corp Information Worksheet: S Corp Name This return cannot be filed electronically with PDF's attached as type 'Other'."

There must be some sort of error that occurred during the attachment process with respect to Form 8453-S. 

You might try deleting attachments in the File section and going through that section again. Otherwise, contact Support (link below) for further troubleshooting.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@JLTransfer wrote:

There must be some sort of error that occurred during the attachment process with respect to Form 8453-S. 

You might try deleting attachments in the File section and going through that section again. Otherwise, contact Support (link below) for further troubleshooting.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

I am getting exactly the same error. Have tried deleting and reattaching form 8453-S several times.

I am getting the exact same error. Have also tried deleting and reattaching the 8453S multiple times as well as uninstalling/reinstalling the software multiple times. Does anyone have a solution?

I spoke to Intuits tech support this afternoon. They said they have an issue with returns that imported data. Said workaround is to manually enter all the data which is not a practical option for us. Technician said in 48 to 72 hours there may be an update and hopefully the issue you would be resolved.

ND57
Level 1

I am having the same problem with identical error. The only attachment is the signed Form 8453.  I have tried removing it and reloading it with a short file name, also tried a jpg instead of pdf. Nothing works. I don't see a way to edit an attachment 'type'.

That's better than I got - I only had about 15 minutes to spare, but they said the best thing may be to mail in the returns instead of e-filing. If there's a possible resolution, I may just wait a week and see what that looks like first...

Manage cookies