TurboTax 2019 activation lasted one day

Hi,

I downloaded, installed, and activated TurboTax 2019 Premier for Windows, purchased from Amazon, on Sunday 11/17/2019 and got started on my returns.  Everything seemed to be working fine.

I was required to activate again when starting TurboTax tonight, 11/18/2019.

I'm running Windows 10 Home 1909 version 10.0.18363.476

I don't know how activation works internally, but if it works by system thumbprint where multiple activations of the same thumbprint count as a single activation, I should be fine.  If it's a simple numerical count, I could end up having a problem down the road if this keeps happening.

TurboTax 2019 activation lasted one day

The way TurboTax activation system was described to me is that the activation system keeps track of the hardware ID of the PC on which it was activated and reactivations on that same PC do not further subtract from the 5 permitted activations using a particular license code.

This is the first year that TurboTax is using the activation system, so I would keep an eye out for any continuing quirkiness.

TurboTax 2019 activation lasted one day

I purchased a CD for Desktop, the instruction state that it can be installed on up to 5 machines, I installed on 3 of my PC's and on the 3rd one it started asking the activation again just an hour after I installed it.

I re-entered the activation code and it replied that all available activation for that code had been used.

This is clearly a bug on the way Intuit is keeping track of the registration and activation. Now I'm stuck and I cannot use the product.  The Turbo Tax programmers made yet another mistake. The activation should be tied to the S/N of the computer, but it looks like it is not. How do I get my money back ?

Also every year Turbo Tax is getting slower and slower, it takes an eternity to edit and correct an entry for a 1099 form.

TurboTax2019-Bug.jpg

TurboTax 2019 activation lasted one day

As mentioned in the other thread you are in ... contact TT support for assistance OR  simply wait for this new bug on a new system to be worked out.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/188186

TurboTax 2019 activation lasted one day

Our Satisfaction Guaranteed (or Guaranteed Easy) policy says that if you're not satisfied with your TurboTax software, you can return it within 60 days of purchase for a full refund (see the Intuit Software End User License Agreement for the fine print, about 2/3 of the way down the page - Section B, Additional Terms and Conditions, point #6).

To submit a refund request online, simply fill out our TurboTax Refund Request Form.