turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo tax sucks

I found the box 14 compensation and everything is fine now. Thanks. 

nmn132

Turbo tax sucks

Agreed. Turbo tax is a pile of you know what for a tax program. Worst one I've ever tried to use. No customer support unless you pay extra. Here's what I get when I try to view or print my return:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>4936263C4B5C1674</RequestId>
<HostId>
dQnspTlWpsMyd95vErn6x5fQoQBKPWqHkoMem9pn1H0JYsbvltQo8SX79yx3XLS25kFzqRRaH1M=
</HostId>
</Error>
Steve6482
Returning Member

Turbo tax sucks

I have the same issue.  There is no rr compensation, this is if you are retired and are earning money in railroad retirement.  He is still contributing to rr as he is still employed so if we use that box we are saying we are getting income from rr

yjuiop

Turbo tax sucks

I agree with you-It sure stinks this year(tax year 2019,prep year Feb 2020)!  My returns were rejected(according to Turbo Tax) because my AGI from 2018 didn't match with Turbo Tax  data from last year(2018).   I went back and checked line 7 of 1040(2018) year and it matched data that was on form per Turbo Tax for 2018. They suggest to download transcript from IRS and check AGI for 2018 and try electronic filing again. IRS transcript data, 2018 form data, and Turbo Tax data were the same.  Electronic filing was rejected again.  Contacted Turbo Tax support twice and they couldn't resolve problem.  They suggested that I print forms and send them to IRS. Bottom line-WHO NEEDS A TAX PREPARATION SYSTEM THAT DOESN'T HAVE AN ELECTRONIC FILING SYSTEM.  Oh yeh-they did not offer me any adjustment to the cost of my TurboTax CD. Offered me a discount for year 2020 turbotax.  

Turbo tax sucks

I agree Turbo tax sucks...total garbage will never buy again

Turbo tax sucks

Yes.  It took me several hours this AM to figure out their mistakes.  I cannot believe there are this bad.

Turbo tax sucks

Yes, It is sucking for me as well. 

TT omitted the state of Texas from the pick list drop down menu for the 1099-INT, 1099-DIV etc., so there is no way to complete these forms.  (I successfully used the import feature, and this form is not filled out completely, because it cannot handle the state of Texas as an entry)

TT keeps looping to have me correct my Social Security Number on the 1099-MISC.  It will not let me progress, and says it must be corrected.   I know my Social Security Number, and it is entered in the correct format.

TT has no way to remove the vehicle registration deduction, as I don't wish to claim it this year.  So, it stays as incomplete/needs review.

It appears that TT is deliberately designed to keep looping you to various errors that it creates, or leads you to create during he process so it can offer you the upgraded CPA service or whatever else.

Clicking though the same screens over and over is frustrating, annoying, and feels like a cheap ploy to extort people into these endless upgrade games.

It's not clever, its offensive.

Turbo tax sucks

I have had such issues with this program . It made a big deal out of calculating my best tax return ever. The program suggested standard file - when itemized file would include a state kicker. I was recommended out of $500. 00 . there is no one to help with questions about the program and Robo help chat that can only answer certain Phrased questions.   I was constantly asked to upgrade and I was stuck in a window that wanted to give me a credit report . Last year my own accountant cost 130 . This year turbo tax cost $120.00 and lead me away  from the Kicker . This is a horrible product that takes advantage people that do not know much about filing their taxes . A perfect prey for a program that says they want to help , when they mean help waist your money . 

Turbo tax sucks

Your are 100% correct about it being offensive 

Turbo tax sucks

Dear seasoned TurboTax user,

Wrong answer and your explanation is insulting  . The program recommended that I do the standard filing , when Itemize would bring me a better return , this is upsetting . There are at least 3 screens that tell me the program is making sure it didn't miss anything, that I am doing great , this will be the best tax return . 

When they go through the Kicker phase , there is no explanation that standard process disqualifies tax payers  of the kicker . I actually didn't know this until I was on the Oregon State government page.  

Turbo tax sucks

Well, for me it was because TurboTax sucks.

I downloaded my stock info.  Fortuntely, I knew what the right overall totals were. (Because I keep track and because I downloaded the brokerage forms to verify.)

Turbo tax had them wrong.  I tried several times.  Each time the same mistake.  A few days later, they said that download was not going to be working for a couple of days.  At the end of that period, it was downloaded correctly.

So, this means 2 things
1)  It was their fault.
2)  The KNEW it was their fault. They KNEW users (including me) had downloaded the information and had incorrect forms.  Yet they did not warm me of the problem that they KNEW occurred.

Turbo tax sucks

Just to be clear, all software can have bugs.  But when you discover a bug and you KNOW some users have errors in their taxes BECAUSE of your bug.  And you know which users that would be -- you need to warn them to redo the download.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Turbo tax sucks

@Mad1166 I'm tagging you in this thread only because you referenced my response in this thread (dated June 6, 2019).  I hope you all will keep in mind that my original response was to that original poster.

Those participating in this thread are bringing up a multitude of issues.  

The IRS opened filing season for tax year 2019 less than a month ago.  If you've ever used tax preparation software before, you're quite aware that there are ALWAYS kinks (BUGS) to be worked out.  There are import issues (this year so far:  W-2 for some, and some in this thread point out 1099-B), printing issues, filing issues, where do I find my prior-year AGI issues, on and on.  

I, for one, know NOTHING about a state "kicker" as mentioned here for Oregon.  But I will point this out to TurboTax Moderators for their investigation.

I will also point out your issue, @TaxPilot with the state of TX missing in the drop-down menu.

Additionally, @Mad1166, I've seen several reports from users about that credit report thing.  Users don't want that and don't know how to proceed...many say they are "stuck".  I'll mention that to TT Moderators, as well.

@doctorrisk, I'm sorry you experienced the difficulty with your import issues.  It does take TT a while to investigate reported issues and publish information to assist users in a workaround.  How I wish the software, upon release, was good to go with NO bugs.  I've learned (that's part of my "seasoning"), that this is never the case.  NEVER.  

I certainly meant no offense/insult to any of you when posting my response.  I sincerely apologize if my response sounded that way.  

Here's the bottom line (in my opinion):  Though tax prep software companies tout the ease of use of their products (yes, they ALL do), users should have at least SOME knowledge of tax preparation before attempting to self-prepare.  Certainly, those of you who have more complicated returns (including investment income, etc.) should know to check the imported figures vs. the paper document.  Heck, users should check ANY imported information against the paper document to verify accuracy.  

Secondly, I would advise waiting until later in the filing season to file.  TurboTax needs time to identify and fix any bugs.  Waiting until later to file is prudent, if you can afford to wait.

Addressing how to report bugs:  Please post in the Community and hopefully one of us who works in the Community will see and report your concerns.  You do not have to upgrade to a more costly product just to report problems.

Your feedback is invaluable.  Thank you for pointing out these issues so that TurboTax can look into them.  Thank you for your patience, though I certainly understand that it's been tried beyond repair to many of you.  

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies