turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax problems

TO: Turbo Tax problems:  4 27 20; 4 28 20;

Second request for help

RE: CASE ID #[social security number removed]

Anton Loew EED, 303 E. 57 St NYC, NY 10022

Ph [phone number removed]  (or [phone number removed]) NEW EMAIL: [email address removed] (Cancel old email: [email address removed])

Hi Turbo Tax Representative,

Please call me on the phone number [phone number removed] and help me solve the following problems:

I have been using Turbo Tax for about 10 years. This year I am having terrible problems and I need an expert to help me:

1. I am using my new MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
  2. I downloaded both 2018 and 2019 Turbo Tax programs to my new computer.
  3. I transferred all my previously filed taxes to my new computer
  4. Can you help me, since the transfer is incomplete and it did not transfer everything for 2017 and 2018?

1. I moved the Tax Returns for 2017 and 2018 to my new computer with a portable drive. When I open Turbo Tax, instead of showing me all the Tax Returns filed, the program requests an additional  $49 for NY state taxes. Can you help me, I have already paid for all my Turbo Tax programs?

1. My 2018 returns are missing altogether. Can you help me.
  2. My 2018 Turbo Tax filings are also mostly missing in my old computer. I have proof that I filed since I have confirmation from Turbo tax. Also, I have paid for Turbo to represent me for an additional $49 for all the years I used Turbo Tax. Can you help me.
  3. Please help me to get my “2018 Turbo Tax filings  back. Fortunately, I have a hard copy. Can you help me to re-enter my 2018 tax returns since the program does not allow me to re-enter the Tax information?
  4. I downloaded 2019  Turbo Tax on my new computer. Please help me since the  program cannot access the information from previous years.
  5. I am having problems with my files that are supposed to be in the Cloud. They have disappeared. Can you help me find them?
  6. To prevent future loss of files, I understand that Turbo Tax keeps a library of our tax files. I would like to have my files be kept in your library as well.

Thanking you in advance

Anton

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo tax problems

I completed my taxes for 2019. But I can’t file them electronically since the program is blocking me.

There are three forms which have shown errors or omissions. The program insists that they do not have all the information but this is not true, since I have input all the information they asked for.

Actually, the forms the program is making me fill out are not required in the first place.

Thus, I am prevented from filing my taxes.

Can you help me please.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Turbo tax problems

Another community member has answered here - TurboTax Download issue response.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Turbo tax problems

I completed my taxes for 2019. But I can’t file them electronically since the program is blocking me.

There are three forms which have shown errors or omissions. The program insists that they do not have all the information but this is not true, since I have input all the information they asked for.

Actually, the forms the program is making me fill out are not required in the first place.

Thus, I am prevented from filing my taxes.

Can you help me please.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Turbo tax problems

Try deleting the forms if they are not needed.

1) Open your tax return.

2) Go to the left side of the screen and click on Tax Tools, then Tools

3)  From the pop-up Tools Center  menu, select  Delete a form

4) Scroll to find the Form and Delete it.

5) Scroll to the bottom of the list and hit the button to Continue My Return

That should do it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rptheisen
Returning Member

Turbo tax problems

I transferred 2019 tax returns to Turbotax 2020 and now the disappeared for the program

Turbo tax problems

Call me on the phone please. [phone number removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies