turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

thunpi

Turbo Tax license Code but I have no CD drawer. Can I download direct from turbo tax with no cost?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

Turbo Tax license Code but I have no CD drawer. Can I download direct from turbo tax with no cost?

Yes, you can download with no cost.  

you can download your software directly from TurboTax.

1. Go to InstallTurboTax.com.
  2. Set up a TurboTax account if you don't already have one. If you do, sign in. (If you don’t remember your credentials, you can walk through our Account Recovery page to see if you already have an account.)
  3. Enter your license code in the pop up window.
    • It’s a 14-character combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) that can be found on your CD box insert, envelope, or packing slip.
  4. Select your operating system, and select Get Download.
  5. Download your software and install.
    • When you get to the Your product is installed, now let's activate it screen, enter your license code in the License code box, and select Continue to complete installation.

If you need help installing, we can help with Windows and Mac .

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@AlanT222   Please tell the moderator or someone to remove the License Code from the user's post.

thunpi

Please delete my license Code.

I bought a 2019 Turbo Tax software from Amazon a few months ago, which I do every year, and I set apart this date and time to do my taxes, but now I am being told to enter a 14 digit license code, before I am allowed to use the software.  How am I able to bypass this requirement, or can a license code be sent to me ASAP.  

Thanks

@ tdarbb1287 wrote:

I bought a 2019 Turbo Tax software from Amazon a few months ago, which I do every year, and I set apart this date and time to do my taxes, but now I am being told to enter a 14 digit license code, before I am allowed to use the software.  How am I able to bypass this requirement, or can a license code be sent to me ASAP.  

Thanks

What exactly did you buy--a CD or download?  If you bought a CD, the license activation code should be on an insert in the box.

If you downloaded TurboTax directly from Amazon, your license code should be included in your order confirmation.   Check your email or your order history. 

If you bought a download from Amazon, see if you can find the code this way:

1) Login to your Amazon account, then
2) Under Your Account check Your Orders.
3) If you don't see it there, look Under “Digital content and devices”
4) Click on “Digital games and software”
5) Look for your TurboTax 2019
6) Copy/Paste the License Number (a 14-character string of letters/numbers)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies