turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax did not refile my corrected state return. do I have to pay again?

did turbo tax fail to refile?  agent please!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

What do you mean revile?  Did your state return reject and you fixed it?  Or do you need to file an Amended return?  You have to print and mail state amended returns.  If your original return keeps rejecting you have to print and mail it.

TurboTax did not "fail" to file anything for you----because TurboTax never files your return for you.  The user has to either e-file the return by clicking a big orange button that says "Transmit my return now" or print it, sign it and take it to a mailbox in an envelope.  We do not know what you mean by a "corrected" return.  If your return was rejected then you could make corrections and try to e-file it again. Or you could have mailed it -- but you have to mail it yourself.   Or if you prepared an amended state return on the state's amended return form, then it had to be mailed.  Amended state returns cannot be e-filed.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies