turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbo Card and Coronavirus Stimulus

Some say yes and some say no. I need it now!!

Cant get to bank to open an account for direct deposit. Turbo might have screwed us.

Well either way this goes I’m not using turbo tax again . The issue is is that when you sign that agreement allowing them to take your fees from your refund you’re actually allowing it to be deposited there bank not your bank. Then they disburse the money . I went through the contract did you know they supply your info to people who don’t even need it. -And it’s valid for a year from the date you sign it . Not only that I I love their wording you are not required to sign us to take part in our tax reparation products. I didn’t even know I could file for free it should default to free if you meet the parameters . It doesn’t . And yes you do have to sign the agreement because they want their stank ass money right . When in fact I qualified for free for the whole time I been filing with them and they never offered the option . I would read that agreement you signed throughly . I admit I should have before hand to . Can’t trust these companies anymore 

Nellie55

@charles757710  it says it on the Santa barba bank website but imma just wait and see if I get a deposit because if you think about it that a lot of ppl who gonna get a check smh 

@Nellie55 Yea I’m just waiting and seeing what will happen too but if you go to that website and enter you’re ss number and refund amount and it says no records found then that means you should be getting the money on the turbo card. I got my refund on my turbo card. I entered my info on the Santa Barbra website and it said no records found. 

Then you didn't get a cash advance or pay your turbo tax fees with your refund

ALL EVERYONE CAN TO IS WAIT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST .... there is nothing you can do until something happens no matter how much you wish and pray for a miracle ... there is no fairy godmother with a magic wand to help you now. 

If you get the DD in the next 2 weeks then you are done.  Be happy.

If you do not get the DD by the time the IRS finally opens the promised portal then you can update your information at that time.   

Follow this site for updates:

CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER: 2020 STIMULUS

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

@Scottyh04 What do you mean I didn’t pay my fees? I got my refund 

inbound7825774735884726004.jpg

FB_IMG_1586464184969.jpg

Santa Barbara Tax Products and assumedly their partner Intuit are ACTIVELY refusing to process stimulus payments from the IRS Under the guise of "waiting for guidance".  They do not want to process payments through their debit card system because they can not make any money from it.  

Dont believe any turbotax, Intuit, or Santa Barbara tax Products employee who tell you they are "waiting to hear from the IRS"  they are LYING TO YOU and simply do not want to honor their customer contracts and process your stimulus payment.

FB_IMG_1586464184969.jpg

Listen, that email was from March 26th. Believe it or not but a lot has happened since then. Basically if they don’t send us the money to the turbo cards or at least give us the option to, turbo tax/Inuit will be losing so many clients me for one. 

Will we receive our stimulus payments on our turbo card we got this year... And when should we be looking for it to hit our accounts

this was posted on the SBTPG website today: 

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The IRS will be distributing Economic Impact Payments directly to taxpayers and TPG will not play a role in facilitating these payments. Unfortunately, TPG does not have any visibility into this information, therefore our agents can not answer any questions regarding these payments.

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.

So what does that mean will it be direct deposit into our accounts I'm new at this 

@NCpersonthe Santa Barbra company did not issue all of the debit cards. And this isn’t just a debit card. It has a routing number and a direct deposit number 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies