turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT19 update stuck in activation loop after WIN10 Sept update

Hello,

I updated Windows 10 a few days back.

Today I run TT!( Deluxe with auto update turned on.

After updated TT gets into an "ativation loop" with 4 blue dots running in circles.

I tried uninstall TT19 and reinstalling, same problem as the default is set to auto update.

Help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Sorry for the late update, but I have resolved my problem and hopefully those of others in the future.

It could be either Windows 10 or TurboTax causing this bug, but what resolved this for me this time, get this.....

I had inserted a USB drive that I use for scanning files and it had been left in the PC for several days when I had both updated Windows 10 and then a few days later Turbotax had auto updated.

Anyway just for grins, I disconnected the USB 1 GB drive, then ran Turbotax and the problem of ACtivation was solved.

So something about the USB changed the profile of my PC enough that TT19 would not work or activate.

Hope this helps somebody.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

WIN 10 can be a pain ... make sure you don't have any WIN updates hanging around ... restart the computer at least 3 times to shake out any uninstalled updates. Then try the TT program again making sure you are using the admin rights. 

Sorry for the late update, but I have resolved my problem and hopefully those of others in the future.

It could be either Windows 10 or TurboTax causing this bug, but what resolved this for me this time, get this.....

I had inserted a USB drive that I use for scanning files and it had been left in the PC for several days when I had both updated Windows 10 and then a few days later Turbotax had auto updated.

Anyway just for grins, I disconnected the USB 1 GB drive, then ran Turbotax and the problem of ACtivation was solved.

So something about the USB changed the profile of my PC enough that TT19 would not work or activate.

Hope this helps somebody.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies