Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT took my fees for Fed and State, but told me to wait b/c of the new IT-558 form in NY. Now, all my info is erased and the phone system is not working. Unacceptable.

Can someone please call me?  The number xxx-xxx-xxxx just asks me the same question over and over, and never gets me to a person.  Turbo Tax wants me to pay an EXTRA fee to upgrade my subscription, which I will not do.  Either file my taxes or return my money.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

TT took my fees for Fed and State, but told me to wait b/c of the new IT-558 form in NY. Now, all my info is erased and the phone system is not working. Unacceptable.

What fees did you have?  It shows you are in the Free Edition which has no fees.  You might be in the wrong account.

It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

I did that, and it's still the same profile, where it has me back to the beginning.

I had the basic service, and paid $87.10 on 1/29/2021 to file both Federal and State.  I was then told that TT couldn't file the state taxes yet, because they had not yet implemented the new IT-558 form requirement.  I spoke to a representative, and they told me to log in this week, and that it would be updated.  Everything else was completed.

Now, I can't even get through on the phone - I get a support ID online, but when I type it into the menu, the system takes me back to the beginning.

The online chat system keeps prompting me to upgrade my service, which I am NOT going to do, because TurboTax is already sitting on my filing fee and hasn't let me file.

Can you get this resolved?

Thank you -

I haven’t heard back - unless someone can provide me with an explanation in the next 24 hours, I will inform AMEX that TurboTax charged me, was not prepared to file my state taxes due to new NY laws that were not yet implemented into their system, was unable to explain why my filing information was deleted, and provided no phone service to receive my calls.  I will also file a report with the Better Business Bureau, and detail my experience on social media.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies