turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT Home and Business bug

Every once in a while, when I close TT, it does not prompt to save the file and just closes without saving. I have to open it again and re-edit the file and then it does prompt to save. I THINK this only happens on the first close after an update but I obviously cannot test this theory over and over but if someone forward this to Intuit they can look into it. On Windows 10 download CD version. I use to have an email address for someone at Intuit but after 10 years now that email address bounces. The support page instructions for reporting bugs is a dead end.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

TT Home and Business bug

@JohnH1 Thank you for reporting this!  I'll pass your post on to TurboTax Moderators for investigation.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

TT Home and Business bug

@JohnH1 Thank you for reporting this!  I'll pass your post on to TurboTax Moderators for investigation.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

TT Home and Business bug

I don't know why but I cannot give a thumbs up to this or (it seems) to any other post. It turns green when my mouse hovers over it but clicking on it does nothing. It's been like this for two weeks

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

TT Home and Business bug

@JohnH1 Interesting.  I know you aren't supposed to be able to thumbs-up your own post.  Maybe it's because a solution has already been identified?  I'm sharing your post with Moderators, so maybe they'll look at this, too.

In the meantime, you may try clearing your cache and deleting browsing history.  It's crazy, but this sometimes "fixes" the strangest of issues.  

TT Home and Business bug

On my own posts I get a red circle with a line threw it but not on yours. It just wont register my clicking on it.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

TT Home and Business bug

@JohnH1 Thanks for the reply.  I have reported this to Moderators.  In the meantime, be sure you remember to save your TT file before closing the program, even if you aren't reminded to do so by the program.  

Blessings!

ibap2

TT Home and Business bug

I believe downloaded Premier is demonstrating the same behavior.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

TT Home and Business bug

Per Kat's suggestion above, please save the file prior to closing. We will send this issue for review @ibap2.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies