Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trying to file homestead credit for Wisconsin. Says to attach certain documents as PDF. What documents?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
KurtL1
Expert Alumni

Trying to file homestead credit for Wisconsin. Says to attach certain documents as PDF. What documents?

Per  Claiming Homestead Credit  the documents you need to attach to your application are your completed 2019 rent certificate(s) and/or a copy of your 2019 property tax bill(s).

If you have questions on the Homestead Credit you can go to Claiming Homestead Credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did this

yes

u want me to post it again?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You need to submit Schedule H along with the following:

• Completed 2019 rent certificate or copy of your 2019 property tax bill(s)
  • Other homestead credit notes, schedules, legal documents
  • Schedule GL but only if you sold your home during 2019
  • Copies of any wage statements

Please see more details on the following website:

WI homestead credit information and instructions

jd95
Level 2

In filling out Homestead credit info, Turbo Tax was great and offered to help attach the pdf of the manually completed rent certificate. I skipped it at the time to go to 'form' view, but now I cannot get the program to help attach the document again for efiling like it initially was going to do. My oops, but how do I get back to attaching this form for efiling?  Will it ask again right before the final ok for efiling?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

You are not able to attach a PDF in TurboTax. If you have additional forms, you will need to print and mail them. 

jd95
Level 2

I didn’t think so either, but right after completing that section, a screen popped that said “it looks like you need to attach a form for the Homestead credit”, and it offered to help attach a pdf file with a drop-down bar to allow me to get the file off my PC.

Why did the software offer to help with this if it isn't possible?  It sure would be a great feature to have!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies