turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I continue my state taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

To continue your state taxes please follow the steps below:

1. Login to your TurboTax account.
  2. In the Welcome Home box, click on the My TurboTax tab at the top and then My Tax Timeline
  3. In the SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO section, click Add a state. (Important do not select continue with state return as it will send you back in a loop. Please select add a state, as this will bring you back into the program, even though you are not really adding a state. Instead you will be selecting the tab in the next step)
  4. Click on the State Taxes tab. (Located in the upper portion of the screen)
  5. Click Continue to start or complete your state taxes.
  6. Click Done with State.
  7. Continue through the flow to review and file your state taxes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

To continue your state taxes please follow the steps below:

1. Login to your TurboTax account.
  2. In the Welcome Home box, click on the My TurboTax tab at the top and then My Tax Timeline
  3. In the SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO section, click Add a state. (Important do not select continue with state return as it will send you back in a loop. Please select add a state, as this will bring you back into the program, even though you are not really adding a state. Instead you will be selecting the tab in the next step)
  4. Click on the State Taxes tab. (Located in the upper portion of the screen)
  5. Click Continue to start or complete your state taxes.
  6. Click Done with State.
  7. Continue through the flow to review and file your state taxes.

catkrye

I am using TurboTax online and there is not a Welcome Home box.  Looks like I am forced to buy software to access a .tax file.  Is there anyway to start over?  I don't want to pay to get the software.  Thank you

@catkrye wrote:

I am using TurboTax online and there is not a Welcome Home box.  Looks like I am forced to buy software to access a .tax file.  Is there anyway to start over?  I don't want to pay to get the software.  Thank you

The TurboTax online editions for tax year 2019 have closed.

If you used the TurboTax online editions for the 2019 tax return you will need to download the tax data file from the online account to your computer.  You will need to install the 2019 TurboTax software on your computer to open the 2019 tax data file so you can complete the 2019 tax return.

A 2019 can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

If you purchased one of the 2019 TurboTax online editions you can contact TurboTax support to have them push a 2019 desktop installation file to your download account at no charge - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download .tax file

Bees
Level 7

Posted 11/9/2020  No welcome home until December. The 2019 year is closed and they are working on the new software for 2020 so there is nothing there. You should be able to log into your account after that happens and retrieve your information.

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies