turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JF21

How do I change email address for receiving response in the turbotax community forum?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
FaithY
Expert Alumni

How do I change email address for receiving response in the turbotax community forum?

To change your email address for receiving responses in the TurboTax community forum:

1. Go  to your TurboTax AnswerXchange profile
  2. Select Notification Settings
  3. You will see a block for e-mail addresses and you can change your email 

Please click on the attachments below for screen shots.

LorenAmelang
Returning Member

Closest I can find is

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions

-----

Email Notifications
Notify me of:
Lots of options for when to notify, but nothing about the address!

There is also:

Email Settings
Don't send me any community emails

(Seems no way to escape from the indent that comes with copying that option.)

No way to enter an address!

I've tried this in Vivaldi and Firefox, both fail. Some parts are invisible in Vivaldi...

BTW, there are no screenshots in the previous post. I get the feeling this has all been moved to a different host system... 

Changing my main eMail address at hundreds of sites is the hardest online task I've ever faced!

LorenAmelang
Returning Member

Well, that layout looks nothing like what I tried to post. Sorry about the narrow columns!

I fear Intuit is a bit out of control here.

Hmmm.  No screenshots as indicated?

However, I do see the same things as OP.  You can change notification, but you can't change email address.

Thoughts, anyone?

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

You must change your email address for your Intuit account since the forum is linked to that account. Please click here for steps to change your email address. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I've done that.  It has absolutely no affect on my Community Account.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you logging into the community account using the same credentials as your TurboTax account?

Yes.

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

@DayByDay The email address that you use in the TurboTax Community, is based on the username that you use to sign in. Once you follow the directions, given by BrandiLO, login with the same username that you use for the TurboTax Community, then change your email address, it will change in the Community, as well.

LorenAmelang
Returning Member

@BrandiLO  - The page you linked seems to have worked, I was able to change my address from the "Intuit Account" site. Except verifying the new address got me two eMails with identical times but different content, and both links produced a page with only "bad request" at the top left, in my normal Vivaldi (Chromium) browser. I copied the link address into Firefox and it was able to confirm the new eMail. But that apparently confused the system - I got two instances of:

https://idfedprdpf.intuit.com/idp/startSSO.ping?vsid=prod.turbotaxcommunity.com.logout&referer=https...
-----
Error
Unexpected System Error
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact your administrator for assistance and provide the reference number below to help locate and correct the problem.
Reference#: 5243-9016
Copyright © 2003-2019. Ping Identity Corporation. All rights reserved.
-----

Second one had Reference#: 1378-9423. 

I wonder if this really will change my notifications...  

BTW, clicking the "thumbs up" icon on your post does nothing noticeable...  

car27

How do I change my email 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

To change your email in Turbo Tax.

1. Log into Turbo Tax Account
  2. Go to Intuit Account in the left side of your landing page.
  3. Select Sign in & Security to edit your email information.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies