turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

That is not true. My Wife has insurance through her work and not Obama care. After filing through TurboTax and them charging over $100 now IRS wants proof of her insurance, proof of payments etc and this was not asked on TurboTax. IRS will not release our taxes until 6 to 8 more weeks after they get this paperwork. TurboTax needs to refund everyone their money that is having issues.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

If you did not have insurance through the MarketPlace, there is nothing to enter regarding healthcare.

A 1095-A from Marketplace insurance is the only thing that needs to be filed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ccola

Has anyone found a number to call TurboTax at about this?! I am so angry, especially now with everything crashing and I still haven’t received my return and now the irs isn’t even there to call. I will never use TurboTax again!

I just received my letter from irs in reference to the health Ins. Turbo tax failed to ask for. I applied on Feb 23 got letter on April 4 faxed on April 6 the wait game begins. I already paid them. Be nice to get my 80 dollars back turbo tax. Very unsatisfactory 

TurboTax really did mess up a lot of people this year by simply failing to ask the one question it’s been asking for years about whether or not we used the Obamacare.  We filed our taxes in Feb 6th and after waiting 21 days for no update, we called the IRS. Was told by a nice rep that we would be receiving a letter in the mail because of the forms that didn’t get filed for the healthcare exchange. We faxed the forms the next day and the wait started. No one will verify if anything has been received, if it’s processing, etc. called several times and as usual everyone tells you something different.   FINALLY looked at the Where’sMyRefund Took a few days ago and it shows it was processed and should be deposited into our account tomorrow on April 8th. Seriously don’t think I will use TurboTax again because I don’t trust them to do what they’re supposed to do. People using the healthcare exchange already have lower incomes so obviously our tax refunds are much needed. Waiting 2 months to get a tax refund back and not having any communication from anyone about when we can really expect it sucks.  Just happy we are finally getting it and hopefully that shows light at the end of the tunnel for anyone still waiting.

In all honesty, I wouldn’t use anything TurboTax has at this point for correcting anything l. I went through this same process of them not asking the healthcare questions and having my refund delayed. I went to the irs website and out in a search for the forms and printed them directly from the IRS and filled them in myself. They aren’t lying when they say it can take a while to get your refund. We filed taxes on Feb 6th, contacted irs on Feb 27th when it still wasn’t showing an update on Where’s My Refund Tool, were given info on where to fax the forms, faxed the forms the next day in February 28th, and the tool updated a few days ago to show that we will get the money deposited tomorrow on April 8th. This has been super frustrating to say the least. TT keeps sending emails about how they will be debiting my checking for the tax fees on April 10th smh. They shouldn’t get anything for this screw up and I was about to call them about it until seeing the money is supposed to deposit. Hang in there!

Since TT is not BBB accredited they dont care. TT informed me read your emails we sent you after making your payment and they will not be refunding our money. It's been 7 weeks since I resubmitted my paperwork and IRS still no update on line and phone calls get disconnected. We are at their mercy!

per TT no refund. I sent my additional paperwork in February and still no update on IRS. TT should stay with us to the end and be able to update us, but they told me they dont so we are all on our own. It's been 7 weeks with no update.

TT is a DIY income tax program ... they get no information after you file and are accepted for processing.  They cannot help you with any IRS issues after filing.   If you get audited, then you can get some program advice if you need to amend   or if you bought the separate audit protection package.  But what you have now is a delay in processing and not an audit ... so you are on your own. 

Have you received anything yet? The exact same thing happened to me. I filed in March and my return says “your tax return is still being processed” no status bars and no tax topic listed underneath anymore. I am curious as to when I will receive my letter. 

Well I filed on February 5th and finally called the IRS on March 2nd to ask why my taxes still said “processing”. They told me I was missing information and I would get a letter soon stating what I need to send them. On March 14th I got the letter stating I needed to send my 1095A and 8962. I mailed the forms on March 17th. It’s now April 8th and nothing has changed. Refund hasn’t updated and it still says “processing”. Another member told me it took them 5 weeks after faxing the info before anything updated and they got a refund date. I’m expecting mine to take longer since the IRS is short staffed and are now dealing with stimulus checks too. I plan to call the IRS again if I haven’t heard anything by April 17th

I filled 2/23/20. Received letter 4/3/20. Faxed over same day. Waiting for return. 

Finally received tax refund today. Filed 2/6, called irs on Feb 27th and was told a letter would be mailed advising to mail the missing healthcare forms (but rep gave me the fax info to fax in so I didn’t have to wait), faxed forms Feb 28th, no updates from anyone the entire time until about a week ago on the refund tool it advised would be deposited today April 8th and it did. I was a bit impatient too and actually faxed the information a second time March 4th

Why are they only thumbs up (cheer) where is our vote? Thumbs down (crying)?

👍😂🤔

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies