Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jecazak

I have errors on Form 1116 Wks line i, when I try to fix it in the review, I follow the prompts and rerun the review and get errors on line j and keep going in circles.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I have errors on Form 1116 Wks line i, when I try to fix it in the review, I follow the prompts and rerun the review and get errors on line j and keep going in circles.

What does the description state what the error is?
jecazak

"Form 1116(copy 1) - - Foreign Tax Credit Comp WKS: Collectibles (28%) gain -2 should have a value of at least $813, based on the 1099-DIV worksheets that are linked to this country" When I make the suggested adjustment and re-run the error check it tells me that Sec 1250 gains plus 28% gains can not exceed the total qualified Dividends and Long Term Capital gains for this category.  It then just becomes a circular loop

This is due to a software error. There are 2 workarounds. The 1st is to insert zeroes into 1i and 1j.

If that doesn't work, then try this: Verify that 1m = 1f. If that is the case, then so far no adverse effect has occurred. Now insert the asked for amount into 1i and 1j and insert the total into 1h. As long as 1h is not greater than $20,000, there is no adverse effect. In short 1h= 1i +1j. As long as 1m=1f, no harm has been done.

1i and 1j are not offered on the screen so there is no way to put anything in them

This is a new forum layout. Some posts that have June 2019 dates are really older posts from the old forum that got moved over. So they might be for prior years and not current info. When they migrated over the dates got changed to June 2019. And the screen shots got deleted.

jeanlucb

I had the same error and the solutions provided here did not work. I found the reason for the problem: the qualified foreign income value that I had entered was larger than the overall foreign income. Fixing that imbalance fixed the error.

I had entered the qualified foreign income from the paper 1099 that Vanguard provided but relied on the import from TurboTax for the rest. For some reason, the import numbers were incorrect. Lesson learned: double check the imported data to the paper entries.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

rjuengst

I cannot determines what entries the form is asking for.  This happens every year.  I need help getting the right numbers on the form

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Please select this link to contact live help which will give you the best benefit at this point.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies