turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The software of state (ONE) not charge in deluxe 2019?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

If you only are adding one state, there is no extra charge for it in TurboTax Deluxe. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

If you only are adding one state, there is no extra charge for it in TurboTax Deluxe. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The Deluxe desktop CD/Download edition from TurboTax includes one free state program download in the purchase price.

The Deluxe online edition does not provide for a free state program.  The state program when using the Deluxe online edition or higher is $50.

KnoxRed

-This is not completely accurate for the CD version. Even though the comparison chart on TurboTax's website shows that Deluxe includes free State download, there are evidently two different versions of the Deluxe, the CD version at Sams Club in-store does not include free State download, It's $44.99 plus tax extra for download! I was originally going to purchase the Premier version, but on the back comparison chart on the Premier box, it showed Deluxe included the State download, which is only extra I needed, so I grabbed the Deluxe and went on my way. Yes, in hindsight looking at the back of the Deluxe box purchased, that box is not checked. Very sneaky!! They should have a note on front that mentions 'excludes state download'!

-Also, the $19.99 state filing noted on the box is now $24.99 plus tax. Again, there is a #5 footnote at the bottom that say 'price subject to change'.

-So, the $39.99 Deluxe CD purchase at Sam's was not a good deal. I would have purchased the Premier had I caught that. I've been using TurboTax since the early days.

Your experience illustrates how important it is to read the packaging.  

Did you purchase desktop software with state software included?  They sell Deluxe both with and without state software--so you have to be careful which one you choose. There are some states that do not have a state income tax, so there are people who opt for the cheaper "state-less"  version. And even if it does have the state software download included, that is for preparing the state.  There is an extra fee to e-file the state.  You can avoid the $24.99 state e-file fee if you print and mail the state instead of e-filing it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

The state efile price starts out at 19.99 then the early price expired March 1 and goes up to 24.99.  So I try to file before then.

Manage cookies